HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   coments on ruger super black hawk? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/18437-coments-ruger-super-black-hawk.html)

.300wbymag 12-11-2002 12:06 PM

coments on ruger super black hawk?

just woundering how meany people like this gun .Is it strong enoghe for custum ammo? thanks

Deleted User 12-11-2002 06:34 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

sam 444 12-11-2002 06:52 PM

RE: coments on ruger super black hawk?

If you are looking for a hunting handgun the super blackhawk is hard to beat.

deerslayer444 12-11-2002 07:34 PM

I have a SBH in .44 mag. Great shooter but my only gripe would be the small grip on these pistols. I have a pretty big hand and think the gun would be a bit easier to control with slightly larger grips. So I'm on the prowl for some good aftermarkets if anybody knows of any, please post a reply.

"Fast is fine, but accurate is final". "Wild Bill" Hickok - 1869

paulyseggs 12-11-2002 07:42 PM

i love mine!! it;s a big too big for everyday carry, but it;s a great stand gun, it has a 10 1/2 in barrel and a leupold m8 2x scope, as for grips i too have large paddle hands and my previous sbh had stock grips, i still carry a nice scar on my middle finger knuckle, this pistol i have now wears hogue monogrips, all though ugly as sin they are comfortable and quite easy to shoot with, i have a set of pacmyers on my blackhawk that came with the gun and as soon as i get the money their comming off, and some nice buffalo horn grips are going on it,

akhunter- what kinda load are you using? i just ordered some 300g wfngc, from grafs, and i have some h110 laying around, so i figured on using them together,

"smile, life could be worse.. i could be datin your daughter."

Deleted User 12-11-2002 09:46 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

3DNWV 12-12-2002 06:19 AM

I have a SBH that I have had well over 20yrs and have feed it evert hing from factory loads to very hot handloads with no problems and never a loose screew. If you have larger hands I would suggest the Pacmhire after market grips they have worked very well for me.

3DNWV

paulyseggs 12-12-2002 05:52 PM

akhunter- thats what i was figuring, i was gonna start about 21 then move up to 23 and see whats shakin, you have any problem with the base pin falling out?

"smile, life could be worse.. i could be datin your daughter."

N3YWV 12-12-2002 07:16 PM

I have an old 3 screw that has a reputation for being deadly, I've never tried factory ammo.. Ruger SBH IS GOOD

ALL DAY, EVERY DAY,IN THE WOODS...

Nomercy 12-13-2002 12:01 PM

The Ruger SBH is one of the, if not THE strongest revolvers around. Look in almost any recent reloading manual and it will specify something like "these loads only to be used in bolt action rifles, Ruger SUperblackhawks, and" a couple others I forget. (wouldn't that be a trip to have a bolt action .44 mag?)

I love mine, only thing I don't like about it is something I really like. Mine has the square backed trigger guard, which looks really good, and helps me steady the revolver really well, but when I pull one handed, it digs my middle finger pretty well. Which, really, that's a good thing, because it stops the revolver from rolling too much in my hand, so I can redirect fire more quickly.

Screw the 10 ring, keep them in the zero!!!