Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Which Limbsaver Recoil pad for A-Bolt Stainless Stalker? >

Which Limbsaver Recoil pad for A-Bolt Stainless Stalker?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which Limbsaver Recoil pad for A-Bolt Stainless Stalker?

Old 03-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which Limbsaver Recoil pad for A-Bolt Stainless Stalker?

I was looking on limbsaver's site and it seems confused on which pad fits the A-Bolt Stainless Stalker.

Item 10002 says it fits Stalker composite, most models, check templates (this also says it fits all the wood grained A-Bolt Hunter rifles)

Item 10003 says it fits A-Bolt rifles with a synthetic stock.

Anyone used one of these on an A-BoltStainless Stalker?

I've got one on the way and figured I might as well put a decent recoil pad on it from the start.

Thanks, Nathan
Old 03-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Limbsaver Recoil pad for A-Bolt Stainless Stalker?

Looking at the templates the 1002 model is just a tiny bit wider than the 1003 model. 1.642" for the 1002 vs. 1.58" for the 1003.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

I'm pretty sure that the one that I bought for my A-Bolt Stainless Stalker was the 10003. Fits well. I will check when I get home and see if I can find the box to confirm.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. I've got a call in to Browning also and they are supposed to call me back and tell me the width of the recoil pad that is on the gun now.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got the call back from Browning. They actually measured a 7mm Rem Mag Stainless Stalker and said the butt of the rifle is 41.5mm or between 1.63 and 1.64 inches so it looks like the 10002 is going to fit the best.

I'm going to get it ordered!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: npaden

I was looking on limbsaver's site and it seems confused on which pad fits the A-Bolt Stainless Stalker.

Item 10002 says it fits Stalker composite, most models, check templates (this also says it fits all the wood grained A-Bolt Hunter rifles)

Item 10003 says it fits A-Bolt rifles with a synthetic stock.

Anyone used one of these on an A-BoltStainless Stalker?

I've got one on the way and figured I might as well put a decent recoil pad on it from the start.

Thanks, Nathan
Might want to shoot the rifle first, but for the price Limbsavers are great. I don't have one, but shot a friends 30/06 that did.

I have the exact same rifle Browning Stainless Stalker A-Bolt, and to be honest the recoil is pretty mild. I still have the factory pad and it is plenty sufficient in this caliber.

But I shoot a 300 WM as well, was gonna put one on it. However, gunsmith said regular pad needs cut or ground off, then one ground to fit. Remington Sendero. That gun needs one, but I have been suckin it up...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

My experience with the prefits is you better hold your tongue just the right way to find a perfect fit, because it happens rarily. I have seen them out a touch to not even close so I'd suggest you take the rifle and try matching them up before buying. Failing that option slip on or skip the prefits and go right to the grind to fit. I grind them down on my bench belt sander, match up the holes from the stock pad and drill the holeson the press. Its a pretty simple process, fit is better and here the grind to fits are marginally cheaper to boot.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I've shot a 7mm Rem Mag a while back but only a couple times and can't really remember what the recoil was like. I've had some people tell me that it will knock my arm off and some tell me that it isn't bad at all so I'm not sure who to believe. I am a little long armed so adding the limbsaver will also help the gun fit me a little better so I figured I couldn't go wrong for $29. I want to go ahead and set this gun up the way I think it should be now instead of trying to make due with it for a while. I've got a set of trigger springs sitting on my desk ready to swap out the factory springs with before it even gets fired one time. Hopefully I got the right one.

Thanks, Nathan
Old 03-07-2007, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: npaden

Well, I've shot a 7mm Rem Mag a while back but only a couple times and can't really remember what the recoil was like. I've had some people tell me that it will knock my arm off and some tell me that it isn't bad at all so I'm not sure who to believe. I am a little long armed so adding the limbsaver will also help the gun fit me a little better so I figured I couldn't go wrong for $29. I want to go ahead and set this gun up the way I think it should be now instead of trying to make due with it for a while. I've got a set of trigger springs sitting on my desk ready to swap out the factory springs with before it even gets fired one time. Hopefully I got the right one.

Thanks, Nathan
You know even the trigger on the Browning is decent. It is adjustable with a screwdriver so it is easy to lighten up. I think I have mine around 3-3.5. Now that Remington I have is hardto fire off!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

I'm long-armed too. Iinstalled a Limbsaver on my 7RemMag SS Stalker and it made a world of difference. Those light rifles kick pretty good. I have fired heavier 7Rem Mags that didn't kick as well.

Quick Reply: Which Limbsaver Recoil pad for A-Bolt Stainless Stalker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.