Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Heckler & Koch USP Tactical .45 ACP >

Heckler & Koch USP Tactical .45 ACP

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Heckler & Koch USP Tactical .45 ACP

Old 03-01-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Heckler & Koch USP Tactical .45 ACP

Sorry to start another one of these, but I went to the store and they had sold the S&W 910 so I had a conversation with the guys at the gun shop and they convinced me to get a .22 and a .45 instead of me going for a 9mm. The reason being, I can get really good with the .22 and the 45 would be for the real deal.

Against my better judgement I tried out the Heckler & Koch USP Tactical .45 ACP. And it fit really well. They are selling it new for $920 (I'll have to add 5% tax).

1) Would you get the gun, or is there another less expensive gun, or one for about the same price that you would pick up?

2) I was also wondering if the non tactical Heckler & Koch H&K USP .45acp would have the same grip as the tactical (its a lot cheaper)? I can't hold one because no body around here has one, but if it feels the same I might be tempted to pick it up instead of the H&K. Here is a link:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/15374
Old 03-01-2007, 05:19 PM

Default RE: Heckler & Koch USP Tactical .45 ACP

Hell of a gun there. I have been looking for a USP 45 that I could afford for a wile but the price is always around $700. The grips are the same as the Tactical. The difference has to do with the treaded barrel and type of barrel. I do own a USP Compact 357 Sig and its they make the best semi-auto pistols around PERIOD!!! I do love 1911's and Kimbers but if I had to pick something to bet my life on it would be a HK. Good luck and let us know what you get and how you like it. Thanks Jovan
Old 03-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The H&K USPs are very popular with those that can afford them locally. Made in Oberndorf, everyone seems happy with their quality. I have a P2000 from that company, but it is a different model.

Handgunners are also going for Springfield XD's and Glocks big time. They are also less costly. Lots of returning troops are buying 45's.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

HKs are excellent firearms.. no bones about it. The tactical is threaded for a suppressor and comes w/ a nice little soft case. If you're never going to use a suppressor.. don't get the Tactical.

Another great .45 to check out is the Springfield XD45.. awesome gun.. only $500-550. It's one of our best selling guns at the store I work at.

I personally just bought my 1st .45... and it's a Kimber.. another excellent choice.. but a totally different gun than the above two mentioned.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

I have been through a few different .45s. I snagged an H&K 45 USP last year and my search is over! It feeds everything flawlessly (over 2000 rounds so far without a hiccup) and is the most accurate off-the-shelf handgun that I have ever fired. Worth the money to me to have that accuracy and reliability for my 'truck gun'..
Old 03-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glocks fit me better than USP's do. I have owned a 9mm, 40 cal, and a 45 cal in USP and sold them all for Glocks.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:04 PM

A USPC 45 is my current favorite 45 ACP. It's a fantastic handgun, but so are a lot of others out there. It's all about what you prefer.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:21 AM

I own Glocks, Sig, 1911's plus other 45's, but the USPC is my favorite. You really can't go wrong with H&K firearms.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:14 AM

H&K all the way. German Engineering at its finest. I took a buddy to a local IPSA shoot a few years ago. He had a HK tactical 45, and he cleaned my plow. I asked to shoot his HK, and fell head over heals in love instantly. My custom shop Kimber was a slobering piece of junk in comparison. I'll own a HK one day soon!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

1) Would you get the gun, or is there another less expensive gun, or one for about the same price that you would pick up?

2) I was also wondering if the non tactical Heckler & Koch H&K USP .45acp would have the same grip as the tactical (its a lot cheaper)?
1) I'm very fond of HK's handguns. Must be, own 8 or 9 of them.

2)Same grip. Differences are the bbl, trigger I believe and the sights possibly. You're basically paying the extra for the threaded bbl and the "tactical" name it carries. Unless you are planing to get a suppresor, get the standard model.

Quick Reply: Heckler & Koch USP Tactical .45 ACP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.