Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared! >

Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared!

Old 02-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared!

What is a firearm purchasers card? Somehow I thought the constitution took care of that.
Don't you know that the 2nd ammendment is the only one that has restrictions attached to it as thelocal geovernmentssee fit?

You have the right to keep and bear arms but only with our permission and only if you abide by our restrictions.

Do you think that crap would fly if the same thing were to happen to first ammendment? Hell no!!!!!!!! The media wouldn'd stand for it.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering the same thing when I saw this post last nite. That is a bunch of BS if you ask me.

The people that screw things up for us law-abiding citizens are still getting guns without cards is the sad part.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: James B

What is a firearm purchasers card? Somehow I thought the constitution took care of that.
I was wonderign the same thing when I read this last night. I guess I take for granted how good I have it here in po-dunk Idaho. What a bunch of BS!
Old 02-06-2007, 12:03 PM

New Jersey firearm purchasers card requirements:
-18 years old at least
-Fill out paperwork including the following question (I got a kick outta this one):
(30) Are you presently, or have you ever been a member of any organization which advocates or approves the commission of acts of violence, either to overthrow the government of the United States or of this State, or to deny others of their rights under the Constitution of either the United States or the State of New Jersey? If yes, list name and address of organization(s) here:
-Get two references that cannot be family members, cannot live outside NJ, and must be over 21
-Fill out a consent to search mental records
-Get township police fingerprinting done
-Get FBI fingerprinting done
-Pay $69 for everything
-Wait 3+ months
Old 02-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

-18 years old at least
-Fill out paperwork including the following question (I got a kick outta this one):

[blockquote]quote:

(30) Are you presently, or have you ever been a member of any organization which advocates or approves the commission of acts of violence, either to overthrow the government of the United States or of this State, or to deny others of their rights under the Constitution of either the United States or the State of New Jersey? If yes, list name and address of organization(s) here:[/blockquote]

-Get two references that cannot be family members, cannot live outside NJ, and must be over 21
-Pay $69 for everything
-Wait 3+ months
Are you presently, or have you ever been a member of any organization which advocates or approves the commission of acts of violence, either to overthrow the government of the United States or of this State,
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the United States Declaration of Indipendance say this...............
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Correct me if i am wrong again but isn't NJ. doing exactly this........
or to deny others of their rights under the Constitution of either the United States or the State of New Jersey?

It's the same way with all states though. A concealed carry permit is unconstitutional also. Vermont is the only state I know of that doesn't infringe on your 2nd ammendment rights.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Pickerel

-18 years old at least
(30) Are you presently, or have you ever been a member of any organization which advocates or approves the commission of acts of violence, either to overthrow the government of the United States or of this State, or to deny others of their rights under the Constitution of either the United States or the State of New Jersey? If yes, list name and address of organization(s) here:
-Pay $69 for everything
-Wait 3+ months
I wonder if the gang-bangers in Trentonapply for cards? Stupid question. Of course not. It'sthe good citizens who get regulated and prevented from owning firearms, which onlyemboldens the criminals who shoot up neighborhoods where they know theyare the only ones armed.

Glad I live in Montana. This kinda crap would never fly here.

Sorry for the tirade.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, they must have changed things since I got my fid back in 01. I used two active duty military members as my references, both outside of NJ, only had to do one set of prints for the background check for NJSP at a cost of $45 and oh yeh, had the card back in three weeks. It really depends on the pd in your town as to how long they sit on it and what they charge. Not a word said about the 5 pistol purchase permits that were applied for at the same time.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh forgot, if you ever in north jersey duing your travels try Ramsey Outdoor, they have locations in Paramus, Ramsey and Ledgewood. I never had a problem purchasing in NY with my fid.