Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared! >

Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared!

Old 02-04-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared!

On top of that I have some money coming back from my taxes, so I can finally get my own guns! I'm probably just gonna get a Remington 870 (as I already have the slug barrel and Nikon scope I used with my friend's 870 this season, but I might have enough money to get an inexpensive .17 as well!
Old 02-04-2007, 03:40 PM

Default RE: Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared!

You won't be disappointed with an 870. Best 240ish bucks I've ever put into hunting.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:51 PM

240ish? The base gun should cost less than that if I'm lucky, but I already put $400 into a slug barrel and a good scope. Oh well, at least I got a 2x-7x scope so I can swap it over to a rifle, if and when I get one.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on guys, he's from the People's Republic of NJ, here everything costs more. In all honesty you should be able to get a 870 for under $300.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:59 AM

I'm gonna try and find something on gunbroker or auctionarms for a reasonable price, as I don't know of any local stores that carry firearms at a reasonable price or that have a good selection. Then again, for a basic 870 I might be able to get a deal at Dick's.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at the used racks. You can also purchase guns at Walmart's in NY or PA. For what you would have to pay to purchase from one of the websites with shipping and additional fees it's not worth it. I have heard many horror stories about people getting screwed when purchasing from the auction sites. If at all possible handle the gun before you buy. You mentioned you just got your fid card, so I imagine your probably going to school in Princeton and originally from the Rochester area.I forget the name of the army navy store on rt 130 which is about 20 minutes from Princeton. They usually have a pretty decent selection.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

What is a firearm purchasers card? Somehow I thought the constitution took care of that.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I've never heard of such.
Are the laws that restrictive in NJ?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:34 AM

Law in NJ are that restrictive. I live in the Tri-State area (PA, DE, NJ) and i can buy guns in PA and DE but not in NJ because i dont have one of there cards to buy them. I dont understand the whole card thing because they have to call for a background check anyways but ohh well.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

Take a look at the used racks. You can also purchase guns at Walmart's in NY or PA. For what you would have to pay to purchase from one of the websites with shipping and additional fees it's not worth it. I have heard many horror stories about people getting screwed when purchasing from the auction sites. If at all possible handle the gun before you buy. You mentioned you just got your fid card, so I imagine your probably going to school in Princeton and originally from the Rochester area.I forget the name of the army navy store on rt 130 which is about 20 minutes from Princeton. They usually have a pretty decent selection.
Go from somewhere else to New Jersey?! Other way around man... I'm going to school in Rochester and I'm from outside Trenton. And yes, I frequent Harry's Army and Navy, or are you talking about the Sportsmen's Center a little ways down the road? I've been to both of them looking at guns, and last I checked over Christmas break neither had an Express... Harry's just had two Wingmasters in. And trust me, I tried it... a Wingmaster / Express barrel / Realtree camo scope is a very unusual combination! Also, I know in New York you need a NYS drivers license to buy a gun... I'm not sure if they'd accept my New Jersey firearm purchasers card unfortunately. I should still probably try asking someone, as that gives me a reason to go waste a day at Gander Mtn.

Quick Reply: Wooo! My firearms purchasers card finally cleared!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.