Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WHAT IS E MOST ACCURATE GUN.. >

WHAT IS E MOST ACCURATE GUN..

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WHAT IS E MOST ACCURATE GUN..

Old 02-02-2007, 11:04 PM

Default RE: WHAT IS E MOST ACCURATE GUN..

thats the thing it aint bull****...but w.e ...btw i think thats pretty cool how ya not taking it the wrong way i looked back at my posts and it looked like im a punk ass kid...thx
Old 02-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: .:SCOPE:EYE:.

thats the thing it aint bull****...but w.e ...btw i think thats pretty cool how ya not taking it the wrong way i looked back at my posts and it looked like im a punk ass kid...thx
you are a punk ass kid. If you want to be a sniper, why the hell would you want a 30-06 as a round???? don't you know that snipers use eithe 308, 300 Win mag or 50BMG????????

Your grammar is that of a 3 year old, you wouldn't have even graduated high school if you went here. You have a TON to learn about balllistics, your goal of being a sniper is a noble one, I think you are barking up the wrong tree!
Old 02-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

After having just finished a tour in Iraq, this thread makes me laugh. Where to start...West Point graduates officers for the Army, not Marines. I have meet a few snipers in my day and none of them were officers. The Corp chooses who they want to be snipers, not the other way around.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: metau

RR-just out of curiosity, what is the caliber? I would also like to know other specifications as I am looking at building a custom rifle of my own. PM me please.

Scopeye-Where to start....first of all, most mainstream firarms will shoot better than the person shooting them. Most, but not all. Second, several cartridges are inherantly more accurate than others. Third, hand-loading increases accuracy and consistancy immensly. The ability to accuratly make a shot on a big game animal at 300 yds is not hard with what is available these days. Most important is you. Now making a center mass or head shot on a guy firing at you with an RPK from over 600 meters away is a COMPLETELY differant stiory(not to mention something I hope you never experiance). I have comments to make about going toWest Point and your thoughts of joining the Marines, more specificaly of you wanting to become a sniper,but those are of a private nature. What I can tell you is that as an Army sniper or a Marine Sniper-Scout, most of your shotswill be taken with the 7.62 NATO round(.308win). SF units employ .50bmg, several units use.300 win mag'sand Iknow ofONEunit currently in deployment that has received a .338 Lapua. As a recent former member of the military, I can tell you that if you go to West Point, you will NEVER be an actual sniper. You may have a chance to attend the school(doubt it though) but as an officer, you will never be deployed in the field as one. Sorry to burst your bubble, but best you know the truth beforehand. Also, if becoming a sniper is your dream, realize that odds are against you in doing so. The Marine's Sniper-Scout School is one the toughest to past in all of the military. Odds are better at becoming a Navy Seal than a Marine Sniper-Scout. Now, I am not trying to discourage you, but as I said, it is best you know the truth. And last of all, should you join the military, given current situations, I must forewarn you: taking a human life is something that most people cannot easily deal with(even in a wartime situation).

None of this is to say that you are not capable of becoming what you want to be. I accomplished this goal myself. BUT, I just want you to know of what it is that you are trying to obtain, the sacrifices that are required, and what obsticles lay ahead. I wish you nothing but the absolute BEST of luck in any path you choose.

Jerry
Nice reply metau. He's a Hollywood recruit right now, if he's even in the delayed entry program yet,and will find out the hard way if he does accept the challenge of becoming one of the few and the proud. I don't know about your assumption that becoming a military sniper is more difficult then becoming a Navy Seal though? From what I've heard and seen, only 3 out of every 12 become SEALS and are completely broken down to where they're minds cannot even function to the point that they don't even know who they are any more. Either way, they're both comparably tough beach heads that strike quickly and efficiently without being noticed. Most people don't know just how good the CIA are either.

Also, if he were serious, then he wouldn't be sitting at his desk on a forum dreaming. He would be hard core and working out non-stop.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: .:SCOPE:EYE:.

well 2 things i wasnt ripping on they guy about collage i was messin with him and im shure he knows that..and two what is the attude of a marine...... i wanna give a child a choclate bar
stand for those who have fallin..MARINES.
HOORA
wa should i say ..i wanna shoot **** ...sry im not some punk ass kid that wansta go get killed.....i reallize that my existance in iraq or whereever is just a mere statistic yet i want to go ...well i really cant explain why its hard....well if i could put it in words i want to go not to kill but to feal the brother hood of my fellow american and help to save my "brothers in arms" life...its really hard to explain....what more can i say...what should i say???? only those who "know" (i quote a friend if u may) what it feals like "know" ...my point is i want others to have the same opertunites i have expericed..if i must kill or die... so be it.....in my eyes i would have a purpose.
Well, as I used to point out to my troopers in RVN, and it is even more true forIraq, "you have a better chance of being killed riding in a passenger car on I70 from Hagerstown MD to DC than being killed here!"

Now, as to rifles. It seems to me that most long-range rifle matches these days (like the Wimbledon Cup, the Leech Cup, etc.) are being won by fast-twist barrels chambered for rounds like the 6.5X.284 shooting long, heavy-for-caliber bullets. The only place you find the .30/'06 or .308 any more in such competition is in the service rifle category. Of these two, the .308 is better. Not much, but a little.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:17 AM

Many gun writers recommend that people of slight build stick to lighter weapons for this reason. Bull****, size has little to do with it. Carlos Hathcock, all 140 lbs. of him, killed most of his 93 confirmed people with a 30-06, and won the 1965 Wimbledon Cup with a .300 Winchester Magnum.
Sniper country
the reason i want a 30-06 is not to be a sniper but to hunt the 30-06 has a good amount of knock down power.....so i can mountain hunt...there are two different topics but anyways.....
Old 02-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-03-2007, 07:04 PM

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha i could laugh all day at that cma3366a you have to be kidding right?? i hope!! please. lol maybe i under estimate this guy maybe he knows alot about guns and it sounds like he doesent i dont know but if he did know more than all of us why the F**8 would he be on here asking our advise??? hmmm i have asked for some advise on what 243 i should buy but i allready know what i will but i just wanted to see what other people would say same with my post on the 270wsm vs the 7mm mag. this is a good place to learn about guns and bullets if you lisen right and not be sococky you will find out alot from experienced people that have been wehre you are. and a scope eye is a bad thing if you have one you dont know how to shoot a gun! sorry to come down on you like that but i dont like to see additude about something i take so mutchpride and joy in
Old 02-03-2007, 09:23 PM

Scope eye, I usually try not to be critical of others on these forums, but you are the exception! I have read many post from you on several pages and I must say that I'd be suprised if you graduate high school as poorely as you spell. Your pitiful excuse for the english language seems to get progressivly worse. You should consider becoming a medical Dr. since you can likely write prescriptions no one can read.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:27 PM

lol every one is picking on scoper here it seems but thats becaus he started off on the wrong being cocky and all knowing