Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Is there any reason not just to buy online anymore? >

Is there any reason not just to buy online anymore?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Is there any reason not just to buy online anymore?

Old 01-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is there any reason not just to buy online anymore?

Im not talking guns but everything else. I went to 2 local shops and Gander Mountain today and everything was priced very high. I remember being excited that they were adding G Mnear where I live and now just feel disappointed. I had a horrible experience altogether and just need vent.

I have almost 100$ in GM gift certs I got for Christmas and I couldnt bring myself to use them. They had standard RCBS FL dies(.308) for 35$ thats just crazy. The bullets were high, even the brass was out of sight 25$ for 50for theWinchester brand(not even nickle plated).
I also made a mistake and looked at the scopes and holy crap they are outa sight. If more people knew that SWFA or some of these other sites sold theexact same stuff for so much cheaperthey wouldntsell any optics in the store. I could have ordered most of the otherstuff at Grafs.com or Midsouth for almost half the cost of what I noticed today.

The other 2 local shops were very high also. I dont understand why a shop owner would act like an azz to his customers either. I went in asking a price on a Browning BLR in 450 Marlin and he laughed and began to scold me on how they dont make that gun in that caliber. Well after a bit more discussion, I told him that he didnt need to give me the price anymore I wouldnt buy it here anyway. Man I had a large smile walking out the door.

I dont understand why anyone shops inplaces like theseanymore, maybe its jut my bad luck. I guess its nice to handle the stuff before you buy it but not for 40% or more then you can order it.

I sure hope the stores closer to some of you are better then what Iexperienced today. I just wanted to run up to the registers and yell dont buy this stuff here they are raping you!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Is there any reason not just to buy online anymore?

I feel your pain man I feel your pain. I checked our local bass pro on a rifle and they were $50 over the cost of everywhere else. I'm not payin $50 extra just to say I got my gear from there.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:28 PM

Default RE: Is there any reason not just to buy online anymore?

I don't buy anything gun related locally. I can get better prices on optics, ammo, cleaning supplies, etc. at places on the net. And the dealer I use for guns, he just orders what ever I want. He charges $50 over his cost which is a great deal.

I refuse to pay a premium on things, just because they have it locally. One shop charges $16.99/50 for a box of S&B 357sig ammo. I buy it online and pay $12.45/50 for Speer Lawman ammo, and that includes shipping charges. A much better price for better ammo.

And not to mention that with my C&R license I get dealer pricing at Midway and Brownells. Can't beat that with a stick!