Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 pellet gun question.... >

pellet gun question....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

pellet gun question....

Old 01-31-2007, 05:29 PM

Default RE: pellet gun question....

I have had a gamo that was about $200 bucks and shot about 1000 fps with a .177 .........itwas stout and accurate!! I have shot doves as far as 50 yards just to see if I could and it killed the crap out of them...........I shot a rabbit at about 30 yards and heard the bullet bounce off into the woods after passing through it !! And squirrel are an easy one shot kill !!

But it is not much different than a .22 except quieter........I would treat it like it was a .22 in a neighborhood.........they're pretty dang powerful !!!
Old 01-31-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

I would recommend a .22 cal pellet rifle over a .177 as the .22s (even well under 1000+ fps) deliver a real whallop.
I agree. I have owned lots of pellet rifles over the years, lately its been the high end single cock rifles. The .22 caliber air rifles kill much better than the .177's. My last 2 rifles were in .177 both RWS's shootin around a 1000 fps. When I would shoot a bird with it, the bird would fly off like it wasnt even hit only to die in mid air a 100 yds away. the .22 calibers might shoot 800fps but it drops birds immediately. The .22 calibers do pack more of whallup.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:00 PM

ok i have a gamo delta and i kill alot of squerals with it and my friend just bought one aswell we have the same guns and we see who can get the shot off first i live in a residential erea and yeah one shot kills everytime quiet and potent i shot a squeral at 25 yards head shot with it on tuesday there good pellet guns i was thinking about buying anither gun from gamo abd that would br the recon its sweet and yeah i would expect the samr thing from it as my delta i kill rabbits and grouse with it and cats are sometimes a two shot job definately go gamo if your going to buy a pellet gun and pellet guns that are 1000fps still sound like a 22 my gams costed whan i baught it 7 years ago is was 150 and i think there still the same price the only thing that has changed is they make the stock out of different materials now the recon is going to be my next pellet gun if i ever buy a new one but there is no need to my delta is like brand new still and is deadly oh did i mention it kills crows nicely too
Old 02-27-2007, 01:24 PM

yeah buy a gamo if you wana t pelet gun go go for the recon or the delta. the highpower pellet guns still sound like a 22. you dont need a hughpower pelletgun i have the delta with a 3-9x32 on it ant i kill every squeral one shot i pais 160 or there abouts for my gun i want the new recon it looks pretty neat. you can buy cb longs for your 22 ant theyre reallt quiet loke your neighbours won't know mine diddent. gamos are made in spain and are built verry high quality i have had mine for 10 years and it still shoots like the day i baught it. did i mention it works good on rabbits and cats but you need to shoot head shots. my best friend baught tha same gun as me LAST YEAR AND WE GO SQUERLING ALL OF THE TIME. one shot kills and great accuracy. we have to shoot head shots on the squerals because if we diddent we wouldent be useing the guns to their maximum potential like there is no problem with head shote at 20 yeards the furthest shot i have pulled off was like 45 ydson a squeral. get a gamo i cant speak for the reconbut the delta is tried and true.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:29 PM

go to www.cheaperthandirt.com they have some fast ones for around $100
Old 03-23-2007, 09:18 PM

ive got a crossman phantom break barrel .177 cal. that i took a coon with 2 days ago(i hope they'll stay out of my trash now).....it only cost $150 and came w/ a 6x mil-dot scope 500 match grade pellets and gunsock
Old 03-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Spike

rws model 48. i have had mine for ten years and it is still like new. no problems.extremely accurrate to about 65 yards it will shoot 1" groups with the rws pointed pellets, hope this helps.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: metaldonnieg

you might check out some of those subsonic bullets that only fire off the primer...
http://cheaperthandirt.com/subsonic_dae.htm
Like CB caps...
Old 03-27-2007, 07:45 PM

i started off with a gamo silver shadow......MOST ACURATE GUN I EVER SHOT....must of been a luckky one of the production line i can make pellets touch at 40 yards...that is im using match pellets and a 4-16x56 scope but yea the best gun i ever shot in my life...i actually like it more then most of my rifles b.c it s SOOOOO cheap to shoot...the thing is with the break barrel you have to mke shure its at the smae spot every time if u want exact accuracy, WORD OF ADVICE the new genisis look nice but gamo shadows are the most acurate and the silver is nickle plated ill try to get pics in a bit
Old 03-27-2007, 07:50 PM

When I would shoot a bird with it, the bird would fly off like it wasnt even hit only to die in mid air a 100 yds away.

yea i shoot a bird at 50 yards threw the back of the head dint even flintch.......and im using .177.......and for ****z and giggles i shot my pelet gun at 100 and 150 and they relly dont do as bad as you would think, well there 8 clicks down for elivation but besides that the had like a foot group

Quick Reply: pellet gun question....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.