Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA! >

ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA!

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA!

Old 01-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA!

True story...
I was involved in a company audit this week, and we had a room full of Americans (mostly from Texas,) and one of the Auditors was from the U.K.
We were talking about guns and hunting, and the guy from the U.K. was really fascinated with us, and guns, aAND is trying to transfer to the U.S. (no matter what the liberals tell you, America is still admired, and envied!)

These are from conversations in a company audit this week.
U.K. Guy: Guns are against the law where I'm from. and I have NEVER shot a gun before, AND MOST of our Police are un-armed!
American: What do ya'll do if someone breaks into your house?
U.K. Guy: We call the Police.
American: We shoot 'em, and then call the Police!

We talked more about different guns and hunting for a while, and a call came over one of our guy's radio. It was someone asking for directions to a machine shop. Our guy proceeds to tell them the directions. "Its out on Hwy. 90, past Leger's Gun Range"
I smiled and looked at the U.K. guy and said, "see everyone here knows where the gun range is, we use 'em for landmarks here!"
ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA! you gotta love it!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA!

I like it!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA! you gotta love it!
Right on Partner!.......America, Love It Or Leave It!!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

. Good luck.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

You got that right. Others may knock us but most would trade places with us in a skinny heartbeat.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:13 AM

That is cool, but you will also get a good number of Euros that will look down on gun owners as well.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Those same Euros would be eating kraut without those darned gun-toting Yankees!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have lived in many parts of the world and I hate to say this but your guy was a little misinformed. You can own firearms in the UK...its just a hassle with lots of red tape involved. Lots of places people think don't own guns but they do...just harder to get them. Take Japan for an example. Most people would think they are totally outlawed there. Not so!! As a mater of fact I bought quite a few guns while stationed in Okinawa. (Lets just say I brought more than 20 guns back from there). In some countries it is almost easier to buy guns than here in the US. In Germany I got my jagdshien (German hunting license) and as long as you have the authorization to buy a gun, you just walk into the gunshop buy what you want and walk out. Even for a handgun. The background check per se was done when you obtain the hunting license. (This is all a little more involved that what I have written but it is a condensed version.)
Old 01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

i took some guys from scotland out shooting once, it was so funny, jag you should have taken them out to the range, i assure you, you would enjoy it as much as taking a kid to shoot for the first time. As for guns in the UK, the guys from scotland told me, and i'm only going by what they told me, very few people own guns, most were members of gun or hunting clubs, they were for the very wealthy and most were limited to scatterguns and small centerfire, they (all three said is was possible) but highly unpractical because of the cost[&o]

they all thanked me and had their pictures made with all sorts of firearms, and informed me if i ever came across the pond they would fix me a big serving of "haggish" whatever that is[:'(]

God bless America

Quick Reply: ONLY in AMERICA, GOD bless the USA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.