Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Has anyone had a problem with Henry rifles? >

Has anyone had a problem with Henry rifles?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Has anyone had a problem with Henry rifles?

Old 01-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default Has anyone had a problem with Henry rifles?

About a year ago, a relative of mine gave me a Henry .17HMR. I took it to the range and fired approximately 20 rounds through it and it started to jam. Please keep in mind that this rifle was brand new and still in the box when I got it. After it started jamming I took it to a gun smith and we sent it directly back to the company. They said it was a bad ejector. The replaced the bad and part and sent it back to me. I bought the best ammo I could find from the local gun store that a friend of mine owns and went to the range only to have the same thing happen. So we sent the rifle back to the company and they said that barrel was bored too small and that was why this kept happening. I got the rifle back and it shoots fine now. I assumed this was an isolated incident but I have talked to three other people since christmas who have had nothing but problems with their henry rifles. I'm not trying to bad mouth the company but I would like to know if anyone else has had any problems with their henry rifles. Let me know what you think.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Has anyone had a problem with Henry rifles?

I've had my Henry .22 for about a year now and no problems. I've probably put a couple thousand rounds through it.

I did have afriend that had ejection problems with his Survival .22 . Don't know if it was ever resolved or not. What model were you refering to?
Old 01-18-2007, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Has anyone had a problem with Henry rifles?

In general,I've found henry rifles to be well made for the money.
They are not same class as marlin 39a,browning bl 22,winchester 9422,or the ruger 96-22 however.