HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   A shotgun for Jacob ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/175687-shotgun-jacob.html)

standsleeper 01-16-2007 07:09 PM

A shotgun for Jacob ?

I am looking at shotguns for my son. I shoot exclusivly Mossberg. I looked at the Browning youth 20ga.. I love it but it's pricy. I want him to shoot something similar to what I shoot. So it's easier for me to teach him. But then again, he's gonna be a better man than his father so he ought to shoot a better gun. I'm not sure which way to go. Mossberg or Browning,or maybe there is anotheroptionthat opperates the same. I like where the safety and action release arelocated on my guns and the Browning is similar. I guess I have time to decide. Jacob is three weeks old today. Any help would be nice.

[/align]

dway87 01-16-2007 07:33 PM

RE: A shotgun for Jacob ?

I have the Maverick Arms (Made by Mossberg) Model 88 12 gauge that I got at wal-mart for $160 that is awesome. That's what I would recommend.

700bdl870exp 01-17-2007 09:25 AM

Garminator 01-17-2007 11:14 AM

Did you say that Jabob is 3 weeks old???[&:]

stalkingbear 01-17-2007 11:19 AM

I highly reccomend that you stay away from the browning because it will cost you a lot more money. The reason being that the browning BPS is so much better than mossberg that you will switch over, and have to buy 1 for yourself when you discover this fact.

statjunk 01-17-2007 11:29 AM

I think that is cool that you're buying your son a rifle on the year of his birth. It will make for an amazing present when you give it to him years later. A friend of mine did that with a bottle of wine. He drank it with his daughter when she turned 21.

Tom

standsleeper 01-17-2007 05:42 PM

[/align]Thanks for the input. I guess I'm jumping the gun[no pun intended] a little. I used to have a 500 bantam. Then my daughter was born. My wife assured me she would have no use for it. Foolishly I sold it. At least this time I waited to see if it was a boy. I decided today to go with the Browning. Like I said before" he is going to be a better man than his father . He ought to shoot a better gun." Thanks again Chip

Retaks 01-17-2007 07:44 PM

My son is a month old and i got a new Ruger 10/22, Remington model 700 in .243 and a Mossberg 500 Bantam 20 gauge for him;).

bigpapa 01-18-2007 06:33 AM

When my son was 3 months old I bought him some more diapers. Does that count? ;)

standsleeper 01-19-2007 07:57 PM

[/align]Jacob got his Browning BPS Micro put on law away today. It will be picked up sometime after March 14,when all of these B.S. gun laws go away in Ohio. I plan to give it to him [when he is old enough] and tell him that I bought it for him when he was born. I guess it's kind of silly but I like the thought of it. Thanks again for your input. Chip