Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 how to adjust trigger on tikka? >

how to adjust trigger on tikka?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

how to adjust trigger on tikka?

Old 01-13-2007, 10:12 PM

Default how to adjust trigger on tikka?

Sorry, i lost my manual and the downloadable ones off their website don't show the whole manual, so you can't see how to do it. So, how do you lighten the trigger down to the 2 lbs that it is capable of?

It is a t3 lite stainless btw..

Thanks,

Patrick Dougherty
Old 01-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how to adjust trigger on tikka?

Here is a link to a pdf file you can look at which will show you how to do the adjustment.

http://www.tikka.fi/pdf/manuals/TikkaT3_RH.pdf
Old 01-14-2007, 08:49 AM

unfortunately, that is not the full manual. For some reason, the tikka and berretta website don't give you the full manual, they give you the table of contents and thats it. If gives you that table of contents and everything in like 7 languages too, which is why it looks like there are many pages.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pdoughertyMU

unfortunately, that is not the full manual. For some reason, the tikka and berretta website don't give you the full manual, they give you the table of contents and thats it. If gives you that table of contents and everything in like 7 languages too, which is why it looks like there are many pages.
That is the same manual that came with my Tikka T3 Lite that I bought in November. Open the pdf file and go to page 15. Bottom right hand corner it tells you how to adjust the trigger. Pages 3 & 4 give you the illustrations that the instruction manual refers you to.Page #1 is the index page which tells you that the English instructions are from pages 14-17. As I statedearlier it reads exactly like the manual that was supplied with my gun. Hope that helps you.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:27 AM

Maybe there is something wrong with my computer or something, but there is no page 15 in that pdf file. all it is showing to me (in english) is 5, 14, and 17.

Im pretty sure this pdf file is not the complete manual. could someone else download it and tell me if they see page 15?
Old 01-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, I'm using Adobe 7.0 to open and read pdf files. Maybe that will help.I just got my Tikka manual out and compared it to the pdf file from the link I provided. The English instructions in the pdf file leave out a couple things such as sighting in procedures and and instructions concerning the T3 tactical, but they do provide insructions for adjusting trigger pull. I will try to explain to you how to adjust it.

Remove the action from the stock. Using the allen wrench that came with your rifle, turn the set screw counter clockwise to lighten pull or clockwise to add weight. It is pretty simple, but I was hoping you could see the illustrations to help you out.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

On a side note, the instructions also say you can adjust trigger pull by going through the magazine opening but removing the action from the stock is the easiest.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:42 PM

Thanks alot Va, you have helped me a ton.

I've adjusted the trigger, and WOW is it light. I'm almost thinking that it is below 2 lbs. How can you tell what poundage it is at?
Old 01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad I could help. As far as measuring the trigger weight you could use a trigger pull gage or you could use fishing line and a fish scale. The triggers on the Tikkas are definately nice.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:56 PM

These triggers are so clean, I have not fet any need to lighten below factory setting of 3-1/2 lbs. Its not all about the weight is it?!

Quick Reply: how to adjust trigger on tikka?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.