Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question

Old 01-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Question

Who the heck is Chuck Hawke?
Old 01-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question

He runs a web site that has alot of good data along with alot of his opinions about almost every cartridge ever made. I read alot of his stuff about how cartridges came into existance but ignore some if his editorial stuff. His site used to be free, but I think he charges now.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's the only think I never liked about his site, his opinions influenced his "facts" a lot. And you have to pay for his site now? That's dumb[:'(]
Old 01-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

M77 Im with ya man, I keep reading Chuck Hawke's site says this and Chuck Hawke says that. I keep thinking who the hell is Chuck Hawke, I must have missed the memo. I read some of the links posted and thought they were no more then someone elses opinion. There's enough opinions on this site already, I dont need to go read someone else's.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Chuck is the World's Greatest Gun Info Source.

If you don't believe me, just ask him.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:52 PM

He just has a website full of opinions--some good some bad. I found some of his stuff to be very helpfuland some to prove false. Don't listen to everything that he bashes. It's not all true.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: kelbro

Chuck is the World's Greatest Gun Info Source.

If you don't believe me, just ask him.

HA HA HA! That's ok, I'll just take your word for it....

Thanks guys, it kept bugging me when I would hear "Well Chuck Hawke said this and Chuck Hawke said that"...This Chuck Hawke stuff is fillarious. Any pics of the guy? HA HA!

Old 01-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that he writes an article in one of the hunting/gun magazines that I read from time to time too, I cannot recall which one that it is though.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never heard of Chuck Hawke. I get most of my opinions on guns (and some good info too!) from Steve Ricciardelli. http://www.stevespages.com

I've totally given up on the gun rags. These days, they are nothing but advertising hype for the latest brainstorms from the industry..... Like, for example, the .338 Federal. Or even funnier, the ".308 Marlin Express", (or whatever they are calling that ressurected, "almost" 307-308 Win round.....)

Just did a google search for Chuck Hawke - found NOTHING at all on such a name..... You sure it's not CHICKEN Hawke??
Old 01-04-2007, 08:05 AM

I don't know who he isbut...
Too many opinions vs. experience.
He employs some the the most ameteur shooter/writers I have ever seen.
I know thereare afew members of thisforumthat could createa much better "educational" shooting page if only they had the time and resources.
MO
He has good intentions.
And spouts the fact that he "learned from other peoples mistakes."
What makes other peoples mistakes, my mistakes???
Sometimes a mistake is a mistake regardless of the human...
Other times not.

Quick Reply: Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.