Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Scopes at auction >

Scopes at auction

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Scopes at auction

Old 11-27-2002, 01:43 PM

Default Scopes at auction

Has anyone had experience buying a used scope from an internet auction? Been thinking that I might find a better scope for the money if I buy a used one.

Any suggestions as to auctions? Any suggestions as to what I should watch out for?

Airedales hunt for feather or fur!
Old 11-28-2002, 02:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scopes at auction

I would not do it !I doubt you would get a deal other than a raw one ! Do the lay away thing, at a gun store or buy what you can afford.

Mounting Man/in PA.
Old 11-28-2002, 10:27 PM

I myself have bought a lot of hunting equipment (among other things) via internet actions. Namely e-bay and gunbroker. Now, as for scopes, I would not suggest getting a used one in any way that would not allow you to SEE it and handle it before payment. However, I can suggest a few people who sell NEW scopes (as well as other hunting/shooting accessories)via internet actions. As always, be extremely careful. Do your homework first. And whenever possible.....get NEW (almost always comes with some kind of waranty to insure your happiness). If you are interested, send an email to [email protected] and I will see if I can help you.

One Shot, One Kill
Hunting is the one sport where, if you are playing right, the other team doesn't even know you're playing.
Old 11-29-2002, 06:45 AM

Thanks. You have given me good advice. I think I'll try for a new scope in about the $200 range. Those $500 and up scopes are just more than I want to pay for this gun. I already have a couple of Tasco scopes and have not had any problems with them, but all I read on this net is to avoid the cheap scopes like Tasco, Simmons & BSA.

Airedales hunt for feather or fur!