Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

[Deleted]

Old 12-22-2006, 03:50 PM

Default RE: Guns you've gotten rid of, Why you did it, and regrets.

Sako Finbear 300 Win Mag- less than 1 box of shells through it. My dad picked it up for $200 from some old man who didn't know what it was worth. I let him sell it to pay for the reloading stuff he also bought from the guy so that my mom wouldn't get mad at him. And I could only afford one hunting rifle for all game at that time, so I decided the 300 Win Mag was a little overkill for whitetails and speed goats. That was one sweet gun. If I had it to do over again, I'd go on ahead and let my dad get in trouble with my mom.[8D] But I don't regret letting it go all that much, because I also got a remington 700 7mm rem mag for $250 that I used for one season then sold for $450.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Traded my 1903 Springfield 30.06 in towards a Remington 710 .270. Figured out what a pile that was and ended up trading that in towards a Marlin 1894 .44 magnum. It all worked out, but now I do wish that I had the .06 back just since it is only appreciating in value every year. It had factory peeps and was in very good condition. That darned pawn shop just kept talking it down, warning me about the reciever coming apart someday, then turned around and offered me more than I thought that it was worth so I traded it in lol. Oh well. Another one that I sorto wish that I had back is a Savage 30-30 in bolt action. But that one can be replaced easy enough.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've only sold 2 guns andregretted one of the sales
-Remington 597- I was very happy to get rid of that POS.
-Winchester 94- not a very accurate rifle, but very handy. I bought it from a friend for $100 and sold it back to him a year later for $100 because I wanted to the money to buy a Yugo M48. I wish I would have kept the 94, as the Yugo was the worst quality mauser I've ever seen.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Typical Buck

My biggest regret was selling a beautiful, accurate (right at 1 moa), handy little Browning BLR Lightweight (straight stock) chambered in .284 Win.

Man, to this day I can't think of a better woods rifle for deer & elk, and this puppy made a legitimate 300-yard shot on a mule deer when I happend to get out of the woods....

I killed two elk with it...at about 80 and 125 yards...and it absolutely anchored both bulls in their tracks.

A guy would be hard-pressed to find a better all-around rifle.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Truck Loads[:@]. But I guess most of all, the first 1911 that I built statrting with a cheap AO frame.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:29 AM

I have sold a few but no regrets.
Remington 700 Police 300 RUM. Weighed 15 3/4 pounds with a scope. Got tired of carrying the stuipd thing to hunt deer. It wasalso too muchgun foreverything in North America.
Glock 22
Kimber Custom Eclipse. StainlessSteel gun. I discovered that i do not like stainless.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cma3366a

Most people who have been shooting for any length of time have traded or sold a gun or two. You often hear that "you'll regret it later", but is that really true? I've sold/traded more guns than most, and theres really only 2 I'd like to buy back.

Remington 522 viper: A gift that quickly got traded on a ruger 10/22
Mossberg 695: When slug gun season vanished, it did too, sold for cash
Winchester Post-64 M70 .243: I needed cash for a boat, and a buddy needed a deer rifle. He will never sell it.
Remington 870 Express: Traded on a Mossturd 935
Ruger 10/22: Traded on the same Mossturd 935
Mossturd 935: No 2-3/4, and No Stainless mag tube= traded on Ar-15
Remington 141: Needed money for a boat
Browning A5 Sweet 16: Got tired of the 16ga hassle, traded on a 12ga A5
Browning A-5 Light 12: Couldent shoot it for beans, traded on a Gold 3.5"
Springfield 1903: Traded on CZ-550
Yugo 59/66 SKS: Got tired of 'minute of capitalist accuracy', trade for cash, and more than I had in it at that.
Norinco SKS: Bought for $100,offered $150 for it shortly therafter, profit.
Remington M11 12ga Sportsman: Out of time, couldent make it cycle, Traded on some cheap scopes.
Marlin 336ADL .35rem: Burned in a fire
Marlin 336A .35rem: Bought to replace the ADl, just not the same, traded on WBY vangard.
WeatherbyVangard Weathergard 7mm Rem mag: Not accurate enough, traded on the Savage .308
Savage 11FNS .308: Innaccurate POS, traded on Winchester classic stainless

Thetwo I somewhat regret. The Browning A-5 12ga, I couldent hit squat with it, but MAN was it nice. The Remington 141, I'll probably never see one as minty again, it was the one truely 1st rate gun my father owned, but he never really hunted with it, so not to much sentiment, I will never trade his beat to hell and back slug gun.
There's not enough room on this site to list all the guns I've gotten rid of over the years, but the two I regret most:

A pre-64 M 70 Win Super Grade in .375 H&H with a Lyman Alaskan scope in a Jaeger mount and a Lymna 48 aperture with a Redfield Sourdough up front. Traded it for a Browning Grade IV BAR in .308 Win. Thought the .308 was a "more practical" caliber for the Lower 48. Made the trade on returning to Texas from a 3-year tour at Ft. Wainwright (Fairbanks) AK. BIG MISTAKE! The Browning was an inaccurate jam-o-matic!

A .308 Norma Magnum built by the firm of Paul Jaeger in PA on a 1903 Springfield action. French Walnut stock, Leupold M8 4X scope, very accurate rifle.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:13 AM

I still have all of my guns I originally own so no regrets except for that beautiful caldean girl I let go like the pic that Brutal Attacks pic keeps reminding me of = - )
Old 12-23-2006, 03:11 PM

Wincher Model 94 in 32 Winchester Special. I bought it off the rack at the local grocery store in the late 60's. Dad tried to talk me into a bolt action in a more modern caliber, but I wanted one just like his. I later mounted a Bushnell scope on a side mount and had to rotate the scope CCW so the ejected shell would clear the adjustment knobs.

Four years later, I bought a bolt action rifle in 308 Win. Later that year, my older brother went to work summers for a local utility. There was an old timer there who wanted to by my first rifle. I didn't care about selling it, but as a teenager, I could always use the money, so I sold the rifle and allmy reloading stufffor it. Fifteen years later, I went to work for that same utility and that "old timer" was still working there! I asked about my rifle and he said he traded it off several years earlier.

I have all of Dad's rifles now, includinghis 32 Special, but I wish I still had that first rifle I ever bought.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only gun I ever got rid of was in a trade. I owned a mid 80's Rem 1100 that had 2 barrels with it, and I traded it for an 11-87 in Mossy Oak camo. I dont regret making the trade because I think I got the better end of the deal, but my 1100 was beautiful and shot well too. It was definatly a head turner. [&:]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.