Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 NEED SOME HELP  N-165 WITH  CCI-LR-BR >

NEED SOME HELP N-165 WITH CCI-LR-BR

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

NEED SOME HELP N-165 WITH CCI-LR-BR

Old 12-16-2006, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NEED SOME HELP N-165 WITH CCI-LR-BR

Need some help guys. I have posted on reloading sites, but have had no luck. I need to find some N-165 powder, and some CCI-BR primers for LR. I only want to pay 1 Hazmat fee. I have checked dozens of places, as a matter of fact-every place I can think of. No luck. Can anybody help me? Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks, Tom.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:09 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: NEED SOME HELP N-165 WITH CCI-LR-BR

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Need some help guys. I have posted on reloading sites, but have had no luck. I need to find some N-165 powder, and some CCI-BR primers for LR. I only want to pay 1 Hazmat fee. I have checked dozens of places, as a matter of fact-every place I can think of. No luck. Can anybody help me? Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks, Tom.
I thought thru natchez supply you can order several items to pay one hazmat fee. This is the reason I never reload VihtorVuori powders. I stick with Alliant, Hodgedon, and IMR with occasional Norma powders in there. Where do you live?

Old 12-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Northern WV. I orderd a new 6.5 X 284 barrel for an Encore. Of all the loads I have found, the N-165 seems to shine. Everything I can find shows it to produce 200-250 fps more than 4831. I like 4831-but every load I can find shows N-165 to be far superior. This is my first 6.5 that I am getting serious about.

I have not been able to find any good loads with Norma powder yet. I am sure RL 22 would do a good job. Possibly even RL 19. But as with the Norma and the 4831(both Hodgdon and IMR), the N-165 shows the same 250 fps advantage?

By the way-Natchez does not have the powder in stock.

I am finding out alot about sellers of powder and primers. It seems that some sellers ship primers and powder together for 1 Hazmat fee of $20. And some suppliers will not ship them together, and they charge 2-$20 Hazmat fees. Somebody is ripping somebody off here. And I am getting frustrated with the whole thing. Thanks, Tom.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:06 PM

try lock stock and barrel I think they have a website
Old 12-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

No N-165 in stock at Lock, not-stock, and barrel. Thanks for the suggestion. That is one I forgot about. Tom.