HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/170246-could-one-agreeable-point-forum.html)

JagMagMan 12-14-2006 04:20 PM

Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

It seems that the more I read on this site, the more I see we disagree on way more things than we actually agree on!
There are some that will use the absolute bare minimum on deer, even if it were a pellet gun, others insist on using something so big they can't shoot it with their eyes open!
Could this be THE ONE thing that we could agree on?!
"Energy levels with ANYTHING from the .260 to .30 calibers, ANY size deer, at usual hunting distances, is perfect! No deer at normal distances from 0-300 yards could ever tell the difference in a .260 or a 30-06! (excluding magnums, and the 30-30, exluding these ONLY due to MORE than enough power or in the 30-30's case shorter range capabilities.)

kelbro 12-14-2006 04:26 PM

RE: Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

I doubt it.

What about the .243s and the quarter bores?

Chantecler111 12-14-2006 04:26 PM

There is no such thing as a "perfect" cartridge for anything, any rifle is too much for a deer, when hit in the vitals.

JagMagMan 12-14-2006 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: kelbro

I doubt it.

What about the .243s and the quarter bores?
I excluded the .243 and .25's ONLY, so that we could AGREE that anything in the .26-.30 class is sufficient for normal hunting purposes!

JagMagMan 12-14-2006 04:37 PM

I figured that even the "world record for bigest deer with smallest bullet" and "arm breaker" crowds could agree "that no deer hit with anything from .26-.30 could tell the difference!"

retrieverman 12-14-2006 04:58 PM

I have never had a complaint from a deer that I have shot with 22-250 or 243, so what's your point?

Duckbutter48 12-14-2006 05:14 PM

Well Jagman theanswer to your question is obviously NO! Good try though. Maybe try something simpler like we all agree Browning has the letter B in it and then building from there, this is a tough crowd.

JagMagMan 12-14-2006 05:36 PM

Heck! We can't even get ALL gun owners to support gun ownership! Why was I ever stupid enough to think that we could all agree on one thing!

TUK101 12-14-2006 05:59 PM

I think that we could all agree that the 30.06 is probably the best all around gun for all around hunting purpose. But then again I could be wrong. As to your original question though, I think that you are mostly right. Its just that the way in which you asked it probably just rubs the .243 crowd the wrong way. And the problem with doing that is that there are an aweful lot of .243 plunkers out there. They are kind of like that little guy that you grew up with that always had to prove that he was as tough as everybody else.

Chantecler111 12-14-2006 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TUK101

there are an aweful lot of .243 plunkers out there. They are kind of like that little guy that you grew up with that always had to prove that he was as tough as everybody else.
TUK, are you trying to agree with me? Becuase you have been making a lot of statments that I agree with, as of late.