Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!! >

Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

a bow shooting 272fps to go 20 yards .22 seconds
a rifle shootin 3000fps to go 300 yards .3 seconds

I think that is right. I haven't had any math classes for a while! LOL

But then again - a rifle going 300 yards is going to loose lots of energy/velocity, which isn't taken into consideration.
A bow shooting 20 yards isn't going to lose near as much energy/velocity.

I got nothing - its too late to be figuring numbers!

Then again - I don't know if a hornet will even go 300 yards and hit the desired target in the desired spot [:'(]
Old 12-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

a bow shooting 272fps to go 20 yards .22 seconds
a rifle shootin 3000fps to go 300 yards .3 seconds

I think that is right. I haven't had any math classes for a while! LOL

But then again - a rifle going 300 yards is going to loose lots of energy/velocity, which isn't taken into consideration.
A bow shooting 20 yards isn't going to lose near as much energy/velocity.

I got nothing - its too late to be figuring numbers!

Then again - I don't know if a hornet will even go 300 yards and hit the desired target in the desired spot [:'(]
he he, dont think for a minute I shoot 300 yds with the hornet, I use the hornet as I would my bow, close range, maybe just a tad farther.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

I don't agree with your statement in bold. An animal can die by other than a vital hit from an arrow, bullet, etc.
Ie:
You hit them in the guts they will die!! You hit them in the jaw on a botched head shot they will die!! You may never find them because of the lack of blood spill but they willnot survive all non vital hits.
Actually a gut shot is a vital shot, they will bleed to death. Now a jaw shot is not, and technically the bullet didnt kill them, starvation or infection did.
Please, the straws for which you are grasping are very short.[] I don't consider the guts a vital(nor doI know any hunters who do). I certainly won't consider a wound inflicted by a hunter that lead to death a non lethal action. Whether blood loss, starvation or predator was the final nail in the coffin is moot as they died as result of previous actions or other than natural manners.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Why use a bow ?
Why use a flint lock?
Why use a pistol ?
Why use a super duper magnum at 1000 yds ?
why use a crossbow ?
All of the above can make clean, quick kills to the vitals! The same cannot be said of ultra small calibers!
Any of those above could be called unethical if you wanted to pick it apart, you choose not to. 1000 yd shooting is 10 times more difficult than a 50 yd neck shot, sorry. Bow hunting is 10 times more difficult than a 50 yd neck shot, sorry. Your one of the people that are "my way" or its the wrong way.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Why use a bow ?
Why use a flint lock?
Why use a pistol ?
Why use a super duper magnum at 1000 yds ?
why use a crossbow ?
All of the above can make clean, quick kills to the vitals! The same cannot be said of ultra small calibers!
Any of those above could be called unethical if you wanted to pick it apart, you choose not to. 1000 yd shooting is 10 times more difficult than a 50 yd neck shot, sorry. Bow hunting is 10 times more difficult than a 50 yd neck shot, sorry. Your one of the people that are "my way" or its the wrong way.
Zrex, why not use a sensible caliber, and aim for the vitals?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't agree with your statement in bold. An animal can die by other than a vital hit from an arrow, bullet, etc.
Ie:
You hit them in the guts they will die!! You hit them in the jaw on a botched head shot they will die!! You may never find them because of the lack of blood spill but they willnot survive all non vital hits.
Actually a gut shot is a vital shot, they will bleed to death. Now a jaw shot is not, and technically the bullet didnt kill them, starvation or infection did.
Please, the straws for which you are grasping are very short.[] I don't consider the guts a vital(nor doI know any hunters who do). I certainly won't consider a wound inflicted by a hunter that lead to death a non lethal action. Whether blood loss, starvation or predator was the final nail in the coffin is moot as they died as result of previous actions or other than natural manners.
Ya, well you know what I meant the first time, and you go and get all technicall. So back at you. A gut shot deer is direclty associated with death by bleeding caused by the bullet. Not so if hit in the jaw, foot ,leg etc. Any artery is a vital shot whether it be one in the intestine or in the femur. To kill an animal quickly and humanely you have to punch a whole in an artery and where better to do it than right through the boiler room, tons of arteries there. Does it make sense now ? Why not shoot a deer in the ass ? I mean bulletshave tons of energyand kill different than knifes or arrows, shoot them in the ham, or the stomach or wherever you choose, You dont have to hit them inthe arteries right ?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:54 PM

I'm not trying to upset anyone nor am i going to argue with anyone, especially zrex, a gut shot is not a vital shot. Period.
as far as headshots are concerned, you must have a good taxidermist. Sewing up all your incredible headshots must be a chore.

Out of everthing you have said in this thread i hope you come away with this cause its been said more times than i can count.

i think Chantecler has said it best.

Zrex, why dont you start using a sensible caliber, and start aiming for the vitals? Then you wouldn't have to come in here and stick up for yourself, and bore us to death with your "theories".
Old 12-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

I do, I have a .243 for longer shots. I'm telling you, areas I hunt, shots dont exceed 50 yds. I honestly would have to find a spot just to be able to shoot over 50 yds. And the area isgetting kinda populated. The bow and the Hornet are challenging, it would be no fun shooting 15 yds with a .243 that has a bull barrell and a 6x18x50mm scope. Dude, I am a neck and head shooter, until the ranges start to exceed 100-150 yds. You will never change that. Been doing that for 25 + years. Whats the difference in shooting squirrels or rabbits in the head ? Do you think a wounded rabbit is any less of importance than a wounded deer ?
Old 12-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

A bullet will not kill an animal if not hit in the vitals, period period period.
For which I felt the need to reply silly me...puta![:@]

Old 12-15-2006, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

I do, I have a .243 for longer shots. I'm telling you, areas I hunt, shots dont exceed 50 yds. I honestly would have to find a spot just to be able to shoot over 50 yds. And the area isgetting kinda populated. The bow and the Hornet are challenging, it would be no fun shooting 15 yds with a .243 that has a bull barrell and a 6x18x50mm scope. Dude, I am a neck and head shooter, until the ranges start to exceed 100-150 yds. You will never change that. Been doing that for 25 + years. Whats the difference in shooting squirrels or rabbits in the head ? Do you think a wounded rabbit is any less of importance than a wounded deer ?
Get a .300 Win Mag, hit them in the vitals, and at those kinda ranges, the deer will drop within 15 yards every time.

Quick Reply: Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.