Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!! >

Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

ORIGINAL: TxStorm

ORIGINAL: TUK101

If I could, I might but only on my own property where I know that I would have a perfect shot and am very confident in my aim.
Not to pick a fight or anything, but I have issues with this statement. It strikes me that you are saying that only on your property do you have the confidence and opportunity to have a perfect shot. Shouldn't a well practiced rifleman have confidence anywhere he/she shoots? A responsible hunter should access the target, what's behind it, over it, under etc., if the shot should be taken and is the weapon in hand up to the task. And how can you state that perfect shot bit? Is the poor lil' deer gonna be fitted with concrete shoes and have a 2x4 propping him up so he can't move? There is no such thing as a perfect shot with humans, they do go your way sometimes on the really difficult ones. And yes, they can feel perfect to the one that pulls it off, but it is subjective. Wind blows, rain falls, animals move and people twitch.
Like I said, not trying to pick a fight here, just don't understand statements like this. Also, perhaps I merely misunderstood your intentions based on lack of sleep etc on my part.
The reason that I wouldnt take my .223 out hunting with me where I would be leaving the house is because here on my property I have a shooting blind and a feeder set up about 25 yards away. I also have a range set up with targets at 25, 50 and 100 yards and I am very comforatable shooting here where I have a bench with a rest to shoot off from. Out in the woods I would have to be shooting off hand and I just wouldnt be confident enough to take that shot with a .223. Sorry if that is hard to understand, but I dont know how else to explain it. The main reason though is because I dont want to loose a deer and have a game warden showing up at my door wondering why I shot at a deer with an illegal caliber of rifle.....
Old 12-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the original statement.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

As much as most of us have tried to explain it, bullets and blades kill in different ways! They will never learn!
Its you that hasnt learned. Read up on terminal ballistics, I have posted links a million times, I guess you dont read them. The fact of the matter is a bullet a knife and a arrow all kill the same way. BY blood loss or neuro damage. While a bullet does kill faster its nothing magical ,its massive hemorraging (sp) Bullets crush arteries while arrows cut them. A bullet will not kill an animal if not hit in the vitals, period period period. You have to spill its blood. Is that so hard to understand ?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

As much as most of us have tried to explain it, bullets and blades kill in different ways! They will never learn!
Its you that hasnt learned. Read up on terminal ballistics, I have posted links a million times, I guess you dont read them. The fact of the matter is a bullet a knife and a arrow all kill the same way. BY blood loss or neuro damage. While a bullet does kill faster its nothing magical ,its massive hemorraging (sp) Bullets crush arteries while arrows cut them. A bullet will not kill an animal if not hit in the vitals, period period period. You have to spill its blood. Is that so hard to understand ?
I think you just answered yourself. You are the one that was saying it is "idiotic" to shoot a deer with a bow. Then you go to say you have to spill blood and hit them in the vitals. Maybe if you would practice up some, you wouldn't have wounded/unrecovered deer and hogs running around.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

I think you just answered yourself. You are the one that was saying it is "idiotic" to shoot a deer with a bow. Then you go to say you have to spill blood and hit them in the vitals. Maybe if you would practice up some, you wouldn't have wounded/unrecovered deer and hogs running around.

Dont put words in my mouth, I never said bowhunting was idiotic,reread my post and you'll see a point I am trying to make.
Practice, sheeesh. That wasnt the problem.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to make us all agree JagMan!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

So let me get this right. You shoot 4 deer and 1 hog with a bow and never recover one of them. These were all perfectly placed shots, with razor sharp broadheads? Something has to give here.......

You did take off the field points and put on broadheads, right??? Or do the field tips give you the precision accuracy like the Whorenet.....
Old 12-15-2006, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Rammer

So let me get this right. You shoot 4 deer and 1 hog with a bow and never recover one of them. These were all perfectly placed shots, with razor sharp broadheads? Something has to give here.......

You did take off the field points and put on broadheads, right??? Or do the field tips give you the precision accuracy like the Whorenet.....
I think zrex, has allowed us to see the chink in his armor, he doesn't practice.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: TUK101

The reason that I wouldnt take my .223 out hunting with me where I would be leaving the house is because here on my property I have a shooting blind and a feeder set up about 25 yards away. I also have a range set up with targets at 25, 50 and 100 yards and I am very comforatable shooting here where I have a bench with a rest to shoot off from. Out in the woods I would have to be shooting off hand and I just wouldnt be confident enough to take that shot with a .223. Sorry if that is hard to understand, but I dont know how else to explain it. The main reason though is because I dont want to loose a deer and have a game warden showing up at my door wondering why I shot at a deer with an illegal caliber of rifle.....
Sorry, neighbor, still can't see the difference between your blind and feeder @ 25yds vs the same in a hunting lease 5 miles from your home, as an example.IF you areusing the same basic setup elsewhere, why would you be shooting offhanded? Not that I approve of such hunting "tactics" like sniping deer with smallish rounds, mind you..[:'(]
Anyway, you have a nice evening and a better one tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, I really believe its you tthat does'nt understand terminal ballistics!
OK, if dead is dead, everything from a heart attack to a Mack truck kills in the same way!
You can cut and paste all you want to, it doesn't change the fact that cutting, and bullets kill in totally different ways!

When it comes to blades, there is vertually no expansion! It the "cut" that causes blood loss, while the surrounding tissue is vertually undamaged. Here "sharpness" is more of the key to penetration and damage vs. bullets (and when is the last time that you "cut" yourself with a bullet?) which rely on energy and expansion to do the job!
Of course, a "field point" COULD possibly kill a deer, but I don't know of any place that a field point is legal! Small calibers are a bit more leathal than field points but, both are irresponsible in reality!

Again, my question is WHY? There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be served by using small calibers, or head/neck shots for that matter!
No record books, no recoil savings, no meat savings, NOTHING!

Quick Reply: Could This Be ONE agreeable Point on this Forum???!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.