Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
BROWNING BARREL >

BROWNING BARREL

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

BROWNING BARREL

Old 11-24-2002, 05:20 PM

Default BROWNING BARREL

Anyone know if there are any slug barrels out there for an older BELGIAN MADE Browning 12ga. Cabela's has none.....

THE OLDER I GET... THE OLDER... OLD IS.....
Old 11-24-2002, 07:44 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: BROWNING BARREL

Depends on what kind you got. If you got an auto-5, they got a bunch. I think hastings, and even browning.

Old 11-25-2002, 06:35 AM

yes it is an A-5 .i have been finding some hastings on here......just needed to look into it more before i posted......lol...thanks

Old 11-25-2002, 06:38 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Depends on what kind you got. If you got an auto-5, they got a bunch. I think hastings, and even browning.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote> Do you know if the hasings will fit just fine or is there some adjustments that need to be made to the gun ??? I DO NOT WANT TO MODIFY THIS GUN FOR ANY REASON.....

Old 11-25-2002, 09:27 PM
bigcountry

I am not sure. There is a disclaimer, that claims you might have to modify some older ones. I usually stick with the browning brands for older guns like this. Definatly be best to call hastings or browning. You can do a search for there websight and both have numbers you can call. My auto-5 is around a 1969 model. And the way those things are designed to operate, I want nice tight tolerances where it meets the reciver. Getting ready to retire my old Auto-5 to the safe for the new gold I just picked up. Since my gramps gave it to me These auto-5's just keep going up and up in value. Keep it around for clays.

Old 11-26-2002, 05:59 AM

Thanks.......i won't do no modifying to this gun at all......it's really my fathers gun but i have had it for some time now.....he is 75 years old and he had the gun when he was 19..so that tells you how old this great gun is.......