Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 FFL, how to get it? >

FFL, how to get it?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

FFL, how to get it?

Old 12-17-2006, 12:37 AM

Default RE: FFL, how to get it?

vtgao,
What happens when a gun is delivered to your home, but no one is home to accept the package? Is it just left outside the door like other packages or do you have to arrange for pickup? The package is not supposed to be marked with contents, so I am just wondering what procedures are allowed for this instance.

Have you ever had "visitors" government officials to check on your operation?

Just curious,

Thanks,

J
Old 12-18-2006, 05:46 AM

GAO, I'm not in the dorms anymore, thank goodness.

That would be a definate problem since you *technically* can't have even a knife on campus. (Kind of funny that they pass out "weapons" to hundreds of students 3 times a day but won't let them keep them in their dorm rooms.)
Me and several buddies rent a house a few miles away from campus. My landlord would have no issues with it...but sounds like "permanent" residence would still be an technicality that could hold me up. So these "kits" aren't a gag?
Anyways, I do appreciate the answers guys.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Banned

J,
Sorry for the long response time.

UPS will not leave a firearm as it must be signed for by an adult, the package is marked as such.
Never had any visits from the Feds, have had license since '93. If I survived Clinton I can survive anything.

GAO
Old 12-29-2006, 01:38 AM
Banned

Soilarch,

Check with your locale zoning officers to see if there are any restrictions on operating a gun business out of your home. Each town / county / state has different rules and regs that you may have to contend with.
As far as the kits are concerned I guess I've never heard any complaints about them.

GAO
Old 12-29-2006, 05:04 PM

I've had an 01 FFL since '84 or so. Don't have a store front, don't need one. Also, you probably don't really need the kit; if you contact ATF they will send you the application, and you can buy a bound book anywhere. As someone said, though, you do need to check zoning. This was one of the Clinton scams for getting rid of a lot of us. No green light from whatever zoning you might fall under, no FFL. After the first $200, it's $90 for every 3 years. One other catch, since you have to be 'in the business' to get the FFL, you have to file as a business for fed tax purposes, which means you have to show a profit in something like 3 or 4 out of every seven years.

Good luck.