Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Where should my bullets hit at 30 feet? >

Where should my bullets hit at 30 feet?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Where should my bullets hit at 30 feet?

Old 11-29-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Where should my bullets hit at 30 feet?

I would like to shoot more this winter. So I was thinking about setting up a "short" range in my basement. 30 feet or so.
But I don't know where the bullet would hit the paper at 30 feet, if I'm zeroed inat 200 yards? Make sense?
I would almost think that at that distance, it should be dead center. Except the scope is 1.5" above the bore.
I know about the safety issues and will take extreme caution if I do this.
Sound proofing, sand or some type of balistics gel backstop, etc.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:44 PM

Default RE: Where should my bullets hit at 30 feet?

ORIGINAL: game4lunch

I would like to shoot more this winter. So I was thinking about setting up a "short" range in my basement. 30 feet or so.
But I don't know where the bullet would hit the paper at 30 feet, if I'm zeroed inat 200 yards? Make sense?
I would almost think that at that distance, it should be dead center. Except the scope is 1.5" above the bore.
I know about the safety issues and will take extreme caution if I do this.
Sound proofing, sand or some type of balistics gel backstop, etc.
I hope you are kidding, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, do you know the dangers associated with attempting such a feat?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I think the signature line may be a little prophetic.

If you want to practice in the basement, get a heavy pellet gun. Work on form, breathing, and trigger squeeze.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:02 PM

"I want to leave this world like my Grandpa, peaceful and asleep . . .
Not kicking and screaming like every one else in the car!"

Yeah, that could leave a clue as to what kinda personality we're dealing with.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

You have got to be kidding me!Shooting in your basement.For starters the echo from the blast will make you go death even with ear protection.If I was your nabor I would be calling the cops after the first shot.You will also set of every smoke detector in your house.The sulfur smell will never leave the house.What are you going to gain at 30 feet or 10 yards.You will have bullet defection at that distance even going into sand bags.Indoor ranges require gobs of money in equipment and thats not even saying if you could get a permit to set such a thing up in your house.Man you must be nuts.Get a pellet gun and forget anything else.Or forget about guns all together because people like you should not own a gun.I am going to go take an Advil after reading this one.Sorry if I came off harsh but that is to damagers.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stopping bullets and sound suppression are the least of your worries. Unless you have tens of thousands of dollars to set up an air handling system, I would start reading up on treatments for systemic lead poisoning right now.

Edit: as someone else mentioned, an air rifle is a very good investment.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, shooting a powder propelled gun in your basement is a very bad idea. Sound, fire, deflection, broken glass from both sound and concussion, and the inherent smell that the powder is going to produce are all good reasons "NOT" to shoot your guns off in the basement. I would invest about $50 into airsoft if you want to shoot guns in your basement. You can get very realistic airsoft guns.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

What caliber are you shooting? And do you reload? The rifle should be between 1/2 to 1 inch low. If you reload try a Cat sneeze load. I load 3.0 grains of Red Dot with a .454 roundball in my 45-70. It makes a great Gallery load. No noise what so ever. I shoot it in my 1885 Browning, and you can hear the hammer drop. I also use it as a small game load while deer hunting. Tom.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just go to the range. I shoot all winter long. It's extremely valuable practice to shoot in the same conditions you would be hunting in. Fog, snow, colder temps with bulky clothing etc etc.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:51 PM

CHECK YOURLOCAL AREA FOR A GOOD OUTDOOR RANGE TO PRACTICE. IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT INDOORS, I AGREE, 30 FEET, INSIDE, NOT WISE

[/align]

Quick Reply: Where should my bullets hit at 30 feet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.