Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 REMINGTON GUY SWITCHING TO SAVAGE >

REMINGTON GUY SWITCHING TO SAVAGE

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

REMINGTON GUY SWITCHING TO SAVAGE

Old 11-06-2006, 05:09 PM

Default REMINGTON GUY SWITCHING TO SAVAGE

i have had remington guns all of my life. i am thinking about switching to savage guns. any help or tips wolud be appreciated. i would like to know everything about savage guns. how well do they shoot? is the accu trigger on these guns any good? how well are savage guns built? what guns come with the accu trigger? thank you for the help.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: REMINGTON GUY SWITCHING TO SAVAGE

rem710 to a savage.......one cheap plastic gun to another, take your pick they are about the same
Old 11-06-2006, 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Josh Sorensen

rem710 to a savage.......one cheap plastic gun to another, take your pick they are about the same
Dude your a moron, there is no comparison between a Savage and the horrible 710, Savage can price their guns cheaper because they don't have the worlds greatest stocks, I have never had any problems with a Savage, they are great guns and are very accurate,I doubt Josh has ever even owned a Savage.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Disagreeing with some one is one thing but calling them a moron because their opinion differs from yours says more about you than what you apparently realize
Old 11-06-2006, 05:40 PM

I'd get a a Savage if it weren't for the stock thing. I shoot left-handed, so on top of getting a left-handed rifle I'd need to find a nice LH stock with a cheekpiece on it.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-06-2006, 06:00 PM

Yeah I had a friend who's Remington 700 in 30-06 had the same problem. I'm sorry if Savage isn't good enough for some of you, but to compare a Savage rifle to the 710 is just ludicrous. I also apologzie for remarks made earilier, I just think that the 710 is the worst production rifle ever and to comoare it to any rifle is insane.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Savage rifles are well known for their accuracy. Remington 700 is an all time classic hunting rifle. Either is a quality firearm
Old 11-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have had a ton of Remington and Savage rifles. he new Savage rifles are built very well. I have the Savavge accu-trigger Varmit Model with the heavy fluted SS 26 inch barrel in 270 WSM Dime sise groups with factory loads right from the box. As a pure shooter, I would put them up against any factory rifle made today. After owning probably 40 Savage rifles and having only a few very minor problems, I am sold on them. Any problems I ever did have were fixed fast and right. Most of my rifles are Savage or Remington 700's. A few Brownings and Marlins make up the balance.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:56 PM

HogHuntinChik, I agree with you when you say josh is a armchair quaterback! I took three of my Savage rifles to my range just yesterday and got a sub .75 group from my 270, a sub .5 group from my 223 and a 1.125 group from my 308, which should have went under .5 also, but when I fired it heat mirage was terrible and too my scope sucks. I have one Remington in my safe and it is a mod 7 in 243, a 2" grouper no matter what you feed it. I still like the way the rifle looks and handles, but it wont shoot for sh!t.

Quick Reply: REMINGTON GUY SWITCHING TO SAVAGE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.