Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Reloading

Old 11-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reloading

I have been reloading for 30 years. I reload because I really enjoy it. I also enjoy teaching people how to reload. However I do not feel that I save very much money, and I even cast my own bullets(about 70% of what I shoot). If I only wanted to shoot, I would buy a 223 and lots of cheap ammo(which by the way I do). Do what you want to do, and the heck with everybody else. Tom.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Is it worth it for me to buy all of the stuff to reload rifle bullets if I am getting the performance that I want out of factory loads? "

How much rifle shooting do you do? If your rifle shooting consists of merely zeroing in then shooting a round or five at game every fall, then use factory ammo. If you shoot a lot, and/or want the ability to develop special purpose or tailored ammo, then you need to be able to load your own....

Old 11-02-2006, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

"Is it worth it for me to buy all of the stuff to reload rifle bullets if I am getting the performance that I want out of factory loads? "

How much rifle shooting do you do? If your rifle shooting consists of merely zeroing in then shooting a round or five at game every fall, then use factory ammo. If you shoot a lot, and/or want the ability to develop special purpose or tailored ammo, then you need to be able to load your own....

What Eld said. Regards, Rick.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:34 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I think Im just going to go ahead and get that Lee set from midway. I do want to save money, but if it causes me to spend a little more, then so be it...at least Ill be able to custom fit some ammo for my guns...and ill have a nice new hobby foolin around with something i really enjoy.

thanks for the advice and im sure ill be back looking for some good recipes!