Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 sight in issues >

sight in issues

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

sight in issues

Old 10-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default sight in issues

Hello, I have a question regarding an initial sight in for a new scope on a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker 7mm Rem Mag. I am going to assume something may be loose possibly? I did have the trigger turned down to 3.5 lbs as well. My first group at 100 yds was within 1 inch, no problem. 2nd group was just over an inch. 3rd and 4th groups opened up to 3 inches plus. I went home, cleaned the barrel etc and went back to the range. My groups still were in the 2-3 inch range. My rifle has always shot good and now its erratic. Any advice? Thanks!
Old 10-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: sight in issues

Did you change bullets? Was the trigger work done since you shot it last? See if the stock is loose. I'm sure who ever worked on it took the stock off to do so.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:42 AM

Solid advice already that is sensible to take and try.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jemrami9

Hello, I have a question regarding an initial sight in for a new scope on a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker 7mm Rem Mag. I am going to assume something may be loose possibly? I did have the trigger turned down to 3.5 lbs as well. My first group at 100 yds was within 1 inch, no problem. 2nd group was just over an inch. 3rd and 4th groups opened up to 3 inches plus. I went home, cleaned the barrel etc and went back to the range. My groups still were in the 2-3 inch range. My rifle has always shot good and now its erratic. Any advice? Thanks!
IF you usually can shoot 1" groups, then I am assuming something has come loose. Check all screws on the rifle and scope mount to ensure all are tight. If you don't find any loose ones, then it is probable that there is something loose INSIDE your new scope.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Sight in issue resolved, bad erector springs in the adjustment turret. I reinstalled my old scope and my groups were back in the 1-1.5'' range. I got a bad new scope, thankfully the folks at Mueller Optics are fixing me up with no problem at all. Its nice to have great customer service.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:01 PM

Good deal, glad to hear you have it all worked out.