Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 T/C Encore Rifle. >

T/C Encore Rifle.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

T/C Encore Rifle.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default T/C Encore Rifle.

Need some info from you Encore owners. I am thinking of picking one up soon. For those who own them,Is the new Pro-Hunter worth the bucks compared to the standard model. In general, are they pretty accurate? I have owned several Contender and Contender carbines with pretty good results.

One reason I am considering the Encore is the selection of some of the less available calibers they carry. 7X57, 30-40 Krag and some of those older calibers. Also the various barrel lengths. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:31 PM

Default RE: T/C Encore Rifle.

the pro hunter is not available yet in any of the harder to find chamberings. i wish it were. it seems to be a swet handling gun. want one myself, just don't know if it is worth ponying up the extra $$$$$$ for the pro hunter vs regular encore.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Does that mean that only the Pro-Hunter barrels will fit the Pro-Hunter frame?
Old 09-23-2006, 05:35 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: James B

Does that mean that only the Pro-Hunter barrels will fit the Pro-Hunter frame?
Are they worth it? Maybe, cause mine I had to put about 200 dollars into it to get it shooting subMOA. I think its hit or miss. Some guys get them with the hinge pin very tight and good clearance on the forarm. I bought my frame separately used, and I could push the pin easily with my finger. I had to install a hanger system on the forarm I also bought separately. After that groups went from 3" to .7" at 100 yards. From what I have seen the prohunter comes with all this. Basically in my opinion, it comes as teh regular encore should. Kinda a little guarantee.

From what I have gathered, the barrels are interchangable. If I hadit to do over, I would have just bought a bolt.

Old 09-23-2006, 07:23 PM

I called T/C a couple of weeks ago and posed the same question. There is complete interchangability between the regular Encore and the Pro Hunter components.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks. That would mean that all the barrels from Fox Ridge would work. My Contender Carbines in 223, 44 Mag and 45-70 all shot pretty well. Anyway thanks for the info, to all.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I had it to do over, I would have just bought a bolt.
Same here...
Old 09-24-2006, 07:49 PM

I would consider a custom gun like virgin valley. They address some issues like forend tension with unique ideas. I have not had very good luck with my Encore except as a MZ Loader. When I had problems with a Fox Ridge barrel it was much trouble for me, but I am an isolated incident.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don’t think Virgin Valley sells barrels anymore from the last time I checked...
Old 09-26-2006, 01:07 AM

I think this is relevent..I am thinking of buying a encore katadin barrel in 460s&w. Has anyone used these high pressure rounds in the encore frame? How do they haddle? How does the encore hold up? Any stretching? What kind of pressure can the encore withstand (not for loading, just for piece of mind)?