Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Nikon Burris or Leupold >

Nikon Burris or Leupold

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nikon Burris or Leupold

Old 09-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Spike

Default Nikon Burris or Leupold

Let the fire begin....I'm talkin about the Burris Fullfield II, the Leupold VX-I, and the Nikon Prostaff. I wanna hear your opinions on which will hold togetherbetter for a 7mm mag. From your experiences, which has better clarity and ease of adjustment?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nikon Burris or Leupold

I have a VX-1. I have had it for several years. It has operated perfectly and is crystal clear and holds its Zero very well. I knoe the Prostaff it a good tough dependable scope as well. Never owned the Burris but I have not heard anything bad about them. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the three. Others will knock the lower end scopes but if you mount them right they will do the job just as dern well as the more expensive scopes. I am speaking of these top name brands.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had leupold and nikon Then I got a burris and for the money you can't beat them. They are clear and light transmission is great in low light. You can get the 4.5-14X42 for $269.00 on e-bay I jut got 2 of them. If it breaks sent it back and get it fixed. I had to sent on back a real old one that my dad gave me and I had it back in 8 days at no charge. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-11-2006, 04:20 PM

I stopped re-learning the scope lesson years ago. Leupold, Leupold, Leupold. Leupold's areexpensive but Nikon & Burris don't quite match the quality.

The only one that's come close is a Burris 3-12 handgun scope I put on one of my XP100's. It works fine and I enjoy the high magnification on the range, but I still prefer my Leupold 4x or 2.5-8.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Having had ALMOST every major brand of scope at one time or another and having thousands of hunting hours behind me, Hunting in all climates and high and low light hours, I have yet ti have been handi-capped in any way by my rifle scope regardless of brand. I usually buy the upper quality models but seldom the top dogs. A good reliable scope does not have to cost an arm and a leg. OR a Trophy. Scopes like the Nikon Pro-staff will not let you down.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Compare the Prostaff, VX1, and Fullfield side by side and make your own choice. They didn't have the Fullfield when I made my choice... so I can't comment on that one.. but when I compared the 3-9x40 VX1/Rifleman to the Prostaff.. the Prostaff was brighter and clearer.. not to mention $50 cheaper. For me the choice was easy...
Old 09-11-2006, 06:19 PM

Well, this debate will never end, however, I love the Burris Fullfield scopes with the BP Reticle.......but, my hunting rifle has a Zeiss conquest atop which gives me 20 more minutes shooting time here in Northern Missouri where we have the dreaded 4 point rule in effect. If you don't need the low light help then the Burris gets my nod. Regards, Rick.......OBTW, the Burris Signature rings are sensational......no more ring marks on your expensive scope!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Leupold VX1 4-12-40 and it is a great scope.

However, I also have a Burris 3-9-40 bplex that is a quality scope.

Toss up, butif I had to pick one, I would take the one with gold ring.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Leupold is hard to beat no matter which model. Nikon is a very nice scope also. Havent tried burris so i dunno.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Leupold,Leupold,Leupold, the only way to go!!!

Quick Reply: Nikon Burris or Leupold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.