HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Tikka VS Sako (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/15500-tikka-vs-sako.html)

bwortman 11-09-2002 06:39 AM

Tikka VS Sako

What is the difference between tikka and sako rifles. Aren't both guns made by the same company. I think Tikka gives an accuracy guarantee and sako does not. Is the correct? I am looking for a new rifle and was interested in these 2 brands

Tumbo 11-09-2002 04:10 PM

RE: Tikka VS Sako

Tikka & sako are seperate companies but are both owned by the same company,Beretta I think,both make their own firearms seperately,however I believe barrels for both are made by sako.

Sako is definately the better rifle as reflected in the price but tikka is a fine accurate rifle as well.

Having used both rifles,Tikka actions are different than sako & I think the fittings & finish of the tikka is not up to the sako standard,however the tikkas are a fine rifle for the price.

Dont know about an accuracy guarrantee & wouldn;t have much faith in any & accuracy will vary between rifles & calibres but both sako & tikka are accurate rifles & sako actions are often saught after by target shooters.

BOWHUNTERCOP 11-09-2002 06:26 PM

I HAVE A .30-06 SAKO HUNTER, BUY THE SAKO YOU DO KNOW ITS OVER $850 FOR THERE LOW LINE?

THINK OF REMINGTON 700 BDL, YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH A REMINGTON, AND CHEAPER IN $$$$$

Chipola Creek 11-09-2002 08:53 PM

Tumbo is correct in that Sako makes the barrels, receivers and bolts for Tikka and Sako. Comparing a Tikka to a Sako is like comparing a Ford to Mercury or Pontiac to Buick. Both are excellent rifles, with Tikka cost a few hundred dollars less just because of the high price of the Sako name.

Heaven is best viewed from a deer stand at sunrise in the forest

Favorite Sticker: Vegetarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

Tikka 300 11-10-2002 12:03 AM

Tikka and Sako are the same company. Sako is the parent company, they bought out Tikka a number of years ago. Both rifles are built in the same plant in Finland. The reveicer and bolt are different between Tikka and Sako. Sako is a 3 lug bolt where as Tikka is only a 2 lug bolt. Thus the need for different bolt and receiver. The barrels are the same on both guns though. The Sako has a nicer finish compared to the Tikka. The accuracy will be similar between the Tikka and Sako. Beretta did buy out Sako last year. The only thing that they have done is raise the price, other then that, the guns have not changed.

Tikka Hunter

diyj98 11-10-2002 08:15 AM

The Sako is more refined including a more adjustable trigger, but my Tikka rifles shoot just as well as my Sako's.

oldelkhunter 11-11-2002 08:12 AM

Tiika uses a Sako Barrel and its own stock,reciever ie none of the scope rings are interchangeable etc. Tiika was purchased by Sako a number of years ago and they are now owned by Beretta. Sako does not to my knowlege give an accuracy guarantee. I am betting the Tiika shoots as well as the Sako....

Deleted User 11-11-2002 08:02 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]