Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning Medaillion with BOSS >

Browning Medaillion with BOSS

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning Medaillion with BOSS

Old 09-03-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Browning Medaillion with BOSS

I am have some difficulty getting my Medalion dialed in. I have switched ammunition to a 180 Accubond by Winchester from 150 grain Remington CoreLOKT. I have the BOSS. I have never had this much difficulty sighting in a firearm. I am shooting about 2 inch group at 60 yards slightly to the right. When I move back to about 125 yards I am shooting a six inch group low and to the left. I am using a Nikon Buckmaster scope 4.5-14X40 adjustable scope. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:38 AM

Default RE: Browning Medaillion with BOSS

What you say initially i would look scope, but too soon to say yet. By chance are you adjusting the power as you change distance?
Old 09-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

If the group is to the right at 60 yards and to the left at 125 yards with no adjustments,and is again to the right if you return to 60 yards,there is no valid explanation that I can think of except parallex.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:55 AM

Seen lots of variable power scopes change point of impact with manipulation of power. In fact almost all do to some degree. I like Buckmasters, but they are a value scope.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:15 AM

The only thing that I adjusted was the Objective Lens from the 60 yd mark to the 100 yard mark.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only thing that I adjusted was the Objective Lens from the 60 yd mark to the 100 yard mark.
I would try it again with no adjustments,and see if it makes a difference.I actually don't have any scopes with adjustable objectives mounted on my hunting rifles,or for that matter,any with so much magnification.They aen't necessary,and if anything,they just cause problems.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

You need to sight a rifle in at 100yds on it's highest power. Thats the only way itll go smoothly. That way every click on your scope will really be 1/4inch. use a good rest on bags and take your time, letting the barrel cool between shots. I would try some 150gr nosler accubonds or fed fusions.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

You need to sight a rifle in at 100yds on it's highest power. Thats the only way itll go smoothly. That way every click on your scope will really be 1/4inch.
While sighting in at 100 yards does make it easier for some people to understand,it isn't necessary.At 50 yards one click will be 1/8" and at 200 yards it will be 1/2".At 150 yards every click will be 3/8".It is simply geometry.However sighting in at 60 yards or 125 yards does require you to make calculations that provide unnecessary complication.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

You might want to clean it or even bring it to you local gun shop and have the professionaly clean it because I have seen before that there is dirt in the reciver and shell doesnt sit in there striaght and the bullets bounce down the barrel. Also my friend had problems with his 375 H&H and he sent it into browning and they took care of it. So i would try cleaning it first.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

the bullets bounce down the barrel.
Once the bullet enters the rifling ,it certainly does not bounce,unless of course it is too small a caliber for the rifling.

Quick Reply: Browning Medaillion with BOSS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.