HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-58/)
-   -   Custom Built 22-250 varm. or bench (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/153323-custom-built-22-250-varm-bench.html)

Dryridge 08-24-2006 10:50 AM

Custom Built 22-250 varm. or bench

I have for sale this 22-250 built by Steven Hill of Hill Gun Works. Here is a list of the parts used in the building of this gun

Mauser action w/new stainless, cock on opening bolt.
Lugs lapped and squared, headspaced w/min. tolerance.
Action is glass bedded to stock.

Timney match trigger.....light!

Bbl is a Douglas XX full bull, concave crown, trued to action and chambered w/ min. tolerance. For longer case life. Free floated after first inch or so that is glass bedded

Stock is a Richards Laminated TH with bench/prone cheek style. Stock was finished by an auto body shop with clear coat finish (several coats)
and fitted with a sand to fit limbsaver recoil pad, after market trigger guard and solid floorplate, and sling studs.

BiPod will come with the gun if it will fit in case.

All metal with exception of stainless bolt and new safety I had installed are baked on Parkerized charcoal matte finished.

It is currently fitted with a New...Tasco World Class 4-16x50mm Scope and High Weaver mounts. Scope has only been on for 2 weeks.

This gun is a single hole shooter w/ 55gr BT over 4064 IMR powder 36.3 gr

I have shot this gun less than 100shots. I seasoned the bbl w/20rds and have played on paper a little. I shot one 500yd group at just under 4 inches on a windy day and standing up with sandbag on top of truck...NOT BAD.

I am selling this gun for 2 reasons. First, I am disabled and it is too heavy, and I need the money for my sons college. I have over $1500 invested and the gun is notclose toa yr.old. I will sell it for $950 plus actual shipping. I will supply a hardcase to ship in.

We can discuss payment and shipping arrangements.

Now, with a little luck some pictures will be somewhere near here.

Dryridge 08-24-2006 10:55 AM

RE: Custom Built 22-250 varm. or bench

Here is another pic of the gun. I have lots of them but it will only let me post one at a time. Let me what you want to see and I will post.

Thanks,

Dave in WV

Dryridge 08-24-2006 11:35 PM

Here is another pic of the gun

Dryridge 08-24-2006 11:59 PM

One more pic

Dryridge 08-25-2006 12:30 AM

Last One

Dryridge 08-29-2006 12:11 PM

Guys, A hate to say this about my own item but someone isn't looking. I will take other guns as partial trade, and will entertain offers on this gun. It is built the best, you can't buy the parts for this money.
Let's Haggle, come on the least that can happen is we don't strike a deal, but we are still friends in the end. Heck, who knows, we may make good friends just talking about a gun!

Email [email protected]

Dave in WV

camelcluch 08-29-2006 06:33 PM

Looks great! I would think about it, but I'm a lefty =(

brushbustin 08-29-2006 06:45 PM

I would love to be able to get that gun but right now that price would be a little to steep. May be we could do some trading. I have a mossberg model 835 12ga chamered for the 2 3/4 or 3 1/2 in shells it is all in camo (turkey gun) in very good condition bought last year to turkey hunt and i never went. took it bunny hunting a few times. Well tell me what u think and maybe we can work some thing out.

filbinducks 09-04-2006 08:30 AM

If you are interested in a Weatherby Sub-MOA Vanguard 22-250 as partial trade or a Marlin 1894 in .44 mag let me know. Weatherby has about 50-75 rounds through it.Both in excellent condition.

Dryridge 09-04-2006 04:33 PM

I would be interested in either one. Just let me know what you need for them....any scopes or accessories on the guns that go with them. I am no big gun trader and I am honestly too nice to price someone elses stuff, I just hate doing that. I priced mine and you can price yours. Worst can happen is we don't trade but we are still friends, right...

So, just let me know a little more in details and what you have to have for them in trade and we will go from there. Feel free to email or PM me and we can talk on the phone to haggle out the details. Keep in touch and have a good Holiday Weekend.

Dave

PS: If you have any question about me and my honesty feel free to contact the fellow below i did some trading with regarding "Would like to do some trading" I think his handle is Luvsthebigguns or similar...I just traded him for an encore barrel last week I had been looking for.