Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Need to make room, which one should go... >

Need to make room, which one should go...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need to make room, which one should go...

Old 08-10-2006, 06:07 AM
Spike

Default Need to make room, which one should go...

Hey folks,
The posts about regrets and selling guns couldnt have come at a better time. I am headed out this weekend to get myself a new Benelli SBE, but before I do I need to make some room in the gun cabinet and raise some additional money. I have a buddy that is interested in a few of my guns and figured I would see which out of the bunch you guys would hold onto and which one you would sell. The 3 guns I am considering letting him pick from are all early models in very good to exc. condition. They are: Winchester 94 30/30, field grade, like new.....Winchester Model 12 16g aftermarket pad, very good cond.... Savage Model 20, 300 sav. all orig, very good cond.
Does anyone know anything about the Savage, it is hard to find info on so I dont really know what to ask
Thanks for your opinions
GW
Old 08-10-2006, 06:45 AM

Default RE: Need to make room, which one should go...

well GW, if it was me, I'd hold on to the 30/30 and the Savage. I really like the Winchester model 94 30/30, and it is an awesome short-range deer rifle,and the .300 Savage is an excellent big game round. As far as the 16 guage goes, I only use a 12 guage, but thats just my 2 bit

-Travis-
Old 08-10-2006, 06:59 AM
Spike

Thanks Travis. To be honest with you none of them ever see much use. Infact the only one I have ever used hunting has been the Model 12. I really am in a sticky situation...the Model 12 was the first shotgun I ever "wanted", saw it thumbing through an old Shooters Bible.....the 30/30, heck who doesn't want a nice lever action?...and the Savage I was thinking about a first deer rifle for my son.....
Maybe I will just sell some of my wife's pairs of shoes!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

I have an SBE that I have used for 3 or 4 years. Fantastic shotguns but IMHO, I wouldn't sell the three that you're talking about selling just to buy one.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: MA_bwhntr

Thanks Travis. To be honest with you none of them ever see much use. Infact the only one I have ever used hunting has been the Model 12. I really am in a sticky situation...the Model 12 was the first shotgun I ever "wanted", saw it thumbing through an old Shooters Bible.....the 30/30, heck who doesn't want a nice lever action?...and the Savage I was thinking about a first deer rifle for my son.....
Maybe I will just sell some of my wife's pairs of shoes!
hahaha, now that's an idea. No problem by the way. That was just my two bit, but you gotta do what you feel is right, but Im a sucker for lever-action rifles, and I love the 30/30 as far as short-range deer rifles go. Good luck

-Travis-
Old 08-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Spike

Thanks kelbro. I think you may have got the wron idea. I am not looking to sell them all or I would absolutely agree with you. Right now I am $200 short. If I wait until I have it I will miss out on the "tax-free" weekend and the store sale...in other words, next week I will be $350 short!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

No offense to Winchester 30-30 lovers but I'd get rid of it and down the line get a Marlin Lever in 30-30 or 35 Rem.

Tom
Old 08-10-2006, 07:50 AM

MA bwhntr - Are you sure about the savage model number? I am trying to find some info. for you on this rifle but can't seem to find anything on the model 20. I found a model 40 savage which appears to be the first bolt gun that savage offered in the .300 savage, produced from 1928 until 1940. Any more detail that might help me find something for you?
Old 08-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Spike

USMC,
Thanks for looking into it. Yes I am sure about the model number. Form what I recall of the research I did it was manufactured between 1921-1930. The model was very progresive for its time, lightweight and streamlined. Because of this and I assume the abundance of 30-40Krags around at the time for a cheap price... the model didnt last long. The people that have one seem to hold on to them.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I never sell any of my guns to but another one. I try to find the money somewhere else to buy my new ones and hold to all my guns. I have some I hardly ever shoot but my friends do so they get used. They all try to buy them from me but I tell them they can use them if they take care of them but I won't sell them. Then I also use any of their guns I want to as well. So instead of having a dozen guns I actually have around 5 - 6 dozen to chose from.

Quick Reply: Need to make room, which one should go...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.