Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Need to make room, which one should go... >

Need to make room, which one should go...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need to make room, which one should go...

Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 AM

Default RE: Need to make room, which one should go...

ORIGINAL: JeffS

Personally I never sell any of my guns to but another one. I try to find the money somewhere else to buy my new ones and hold to all my guns. I have some I hardly ever shoot but my friends do so they get used. They all try to buy them from me but I tell them they can use them if they take care of them but I won't sell them. Then I also use any of their guns I want to as well. So instead of having a dozen guns I actually have around 5 - 6 dozen to chose from.
that sounds like a good system Jeff, lots of options

-Travis-
Old 08-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't get rid of the Model 12 16gauge myself. I've always wanted one, they are like gold in these parts....
Old 08-10-2006, 11:58 AM

Found a little on the model 20, it was similar to the model 40 but produced earlier, from about 1920 to 1926. Apparently they are rare especially in excellent condition; I could not find reliable pricing information or really much else on it for that matter. I would hold onto that one! Either case enjoy your new toy!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: statjunk

No offense to Winchester 30-30 lovers but I'd get rid of it and down the line get a Marlin Lever in 30-30 or 35 Rem.

Tom
Aww man!
no offense taken, but I couldn't disagree with you more!!!
I personally wouldn't trade my Model 94 30-30 for a truckload of Marlin's!!
But I'd better shut up because that's not what this thread is about!

MA bwhntr, it sounds like you have 3 pretty valuable guns that could all 3 be collectors items soon.
It also sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal on your SBE but I'd bet you'll regret selling either of these guns. But that's JMO!!

I have been there and done that (sold one to get one I thought I HAD to have) and typically I regreted it. In one of my last threads USMC PMI reminded me of that!

and Statjunk I was just messin around, Marlin does make a fine rifle!! I was just stating my opinion!!

Old 08-10-2006, 12:41 PM

I agree, you are just spinning your wheels if you sell to get, eventually you will want that old origional back and will be hard pressed to find or afford it.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Spike

I am worse off now than when I first posted my question....Thanks a lot guys!!!lol
Here is where I am at 3:10 EST... The Savage is staying. Leaving the two Winchesters...my buddy really wants to get his hands on the 30/30, which out of all of them is probably the newest (I suspect it only dates back to the late 50s - early 60's) and therefor most replaceable...Do any of you have a way to determine the age by the serial #? I need to make up my mind before Saturday. What do you all think would be a fair price for a friend and hunting buddy (I still owe him for his help laying a bunch of patio blocks last July). I dont know if it helps or hurts to think that I didnt spend over $75 on any of them.
Again, thanks so much for all your useful opinions
GW
Old 08-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MA_bwhntr

the 30/30, which out of all of them is probably the newest (I suspect it only dates back to the late 50s - early 60's) and therefor most replaceable...
I'm not going to say you're wrong on the "most replaceable" part, but don't forget that these Model 94's, as of now, are no longer made and will never be made again. And as a huge Model 94 fan (so that probably makes my opinion a little biased) but I've been watching their prices and they've went up anywhere from 30-40% in price since the announcement of USRAC closing the New Haven plant.

Something to think about bud,
As if you aren't confused enough!!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Spike

You couldnt just end my suffering....had to get inone more twist for the 94 huh? Makes me wish I bought that 9410 when I had the chance. I am pretty sure I could probably get him to agree to a "change of heart" clause on our agreement if I gave him a good price, but I dont want to give it away either. Assuming it is from the early 60's and in exc. condition, what should I ask for it?
Thanks
GW
Old 08-10-2006, 02:12 PM

GW....stick with your other plan....sell your wife's shoes!!!!you poor guy, this is one tough decision.

-Travis-
Old 08-10-2006, 02:41 PM

id personally sell the model 94 its a commen gun that cn be found easy to rebuy, plus the savage and winchester are rare and finding one like theese any where would be tough not to mention the history that theese guns have with yo or soly by them selves.

Quick Reply: Need to make room, which one should go...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.