Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Guns you Regret Selling/Trading.... >

Guns you Regret Selling/Trading....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Guns you Regret Selling/Trading....

Old 08-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Guns you Regret Selling/Trading....

So chr103yod.. I have a mint condition 760 Carbine30-06 with only a Redfield 2.75 -7 on it. You looking? Without going and looking, I bought this bad boy in about 1976 or 77. SOme where in there. It is a handy thing in tight places, like an Adirondack alder swamp.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Two Mannlicher/Schoenauer .270 carbines, and a C. Sharps Arms New Model 1875 in .32/40 caliber.....
Old 09-06-2006, 05:24 AM

I regret selling every XP100 I've had. I re-barreled my first XP100 to 308 Win in 1979 and hunted with it for several years. Then sold it. Took a while to find another when I was ready. I've built several since and kept three: 308 Win, 7mm-08, and 6x45. The 308 is all I use on deer, & hogs.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:03 AM

What I regret most is not a rifle I sold, but one I completely reworked. My Dad gave me my first center fire rifle for Christmas when I was about 10 or so. A regular everyday Remington 700 BDL in .270 Win. While over time I bought many new, nicer, faster, bigger rifles, this .270 was the one I used year in and year out to the point where everyone noticed and eventually harassed me because I was using the rifle my Dad bought me when I was 10 (I was around 30 at this point and had at least 10 rifles in the safe) but I didn’t care, I loved this gun. I finally was convinced to allow the old girl to retire restfully in my safe, which would have been fine. I got a wild hair one day and started reworking the entire rifle. New stock, barrel, new everything I even sent the action out and had it blueprinted, trued and squared to the barrel. A year or two later (and more money than I care to add up) I had a perfect .270 better than new and could fire groups that would fit inside the group it used to fire, but it no longer felt like that old friend I had carried up and down many rough trails. I still regret doing that. My Dad was actually happy with it. He told me that he felt really good knowing that the rifle he bought me meant enough that I would spend 3 times it’s value to turn it into something I would use again rather than bury it in the dark safe until that day I die. That made me feel better, and renewed the sentimental value, but still is not the same. He did have a good point I guess.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Spike

I buy and sell guns all the time and as a lot have said most are replaceable. The ones that come to mind that I regret selling the mostare #3 My M-1 garand that I shot in a CMP match to get the chance to buy for $65 in 1985. When it arived from the CMP I couldn't believe my eyes excellent Condition and all matching numbers. #2 was an all matching Nazi marked Luger that I found in the bottom of a duffle bag while helping my mother clean out a relatives house to have an estate sale. #1Was one that I always wanted but knew I could never afford a Winchester model 21. This one happened to be a 16 gauge with a english stock checkered butt and splinter forearm. It had 26" improved and mod. barrels. TheM-1& Luger I had to sell because I was laid off with a wife and two kids and had to pay the bills. The model 21 was a tough decision. I had the opertunity to by lake front land and was offered 5 times what I paid for it so down the road it went.I think about itwhen I'm sitting on the dock enjoying a cold one.I have pictures but not on this computer when I get a chance I will post them.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

My first rifle

Remington 700 .270

Old 09-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Spike

Here are a couple of pictures of my model 21that I had taken when I listed iton Gunbroker. This was the nicest shotgun I will probablyever own.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not many but I wish I still had my SKB SxS, my old Savage 110, 243 and an old rem 700 30-06 that I had parkerized and the barrel cut to 20" and recrowned with a synthetic stock.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:36 AM

Not a case of a gun I sold or traded, but I regret my now deceased father trading in the .22/.410 over/under that I learned to shoot with. I do not recall the make or model, but it was grandpa's gun before, so fairly old.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:46 PM

Everything I have sold was a pile of junk, so no regrets. The one thing i regret is that I have never gotten my hands on a nice piece like that model 21 of jhog's. That thing is gorgeous. I would love to own a beautiful gun like that. Well, that is a problem I have the ability to fix someday. Thanks for the pics jhog.

Quick Reply: Guns you Regret Selling/Trading....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.