Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Heres my baby!!! lol >

Heres my baby!!! lol

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Heres my baby!!! lol

Old 08-02-2006, 08:30 PM

Default Heres my baby!!! lol

Well if you guys remeber i do belive that i posted a fourm asking about bullets for my 7rem mag... And at the time my camara wasn't installed so i got it installed and i took a pic to show you all its nothing fancy but i love it.. I will be Shooting it for the first time here on labor day weekend!!!

Old 08-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Heres my baby!!! lol

congrats on the gun. Good luck with it.
How come you are waiting for labor day weekend? I'd be itchin too much
Old 08-03-2006, 07:59 AM

Go ahead get out there already! You are making me squirm! Well, tell us about it: What do you have there, what glass sits on top, give us all the details. You don't need the most expensive gun in the world to shoot well, nothing to be ashamed of here!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:07 AM

awesome rifle, good luck with it

-Travis-
Old 08-03-2006, 11:08 AM

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!The day i got the gun i've been itching to shoot it so much i went out and bought blank shots that u can practice with and i've been doing that to be come better at squzzing the trigger..But i haven't had an open weekend something has always popped up... But i found a weekend and were using it.. And the scope that came with the rifle was the one that comes with the savage package(3-9x40) i do plan on getting abetter quality scope.But this one will have to do for the this year.This does not have the accutrigger but the guy that sold us the gun gave us this number were they will install the accutrigger so i do belive were going to give him a call and see wat we can do...And this rifle also has the detachable mag,3 postion saftey.. I can't wait... Hunting season for me start nov.4-n ends the 10.. So can you imagine how anxious i am to shoot this. And be in thefeild with it..

Well thansk again!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 11:26 AM

Sounds like a decent setup you have there. Firing the rifle with snap caps (I assume that is what you have) is EXCELLENT practice. Make a small target you can put across the room to aim at and practice aligning the sites while pulling the trigger. This actually will improve your accuracy and is better than nothing! Bench rest shooters, target shooters, even the USMC practices in this manner know as "snapping in". Keep it up, sounds like you are going down the right road, best of luck this hunting season. Siemper Fi
Old 08-03-2006, 05:31 PM

Well thanks usmc!!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:35 PM

I have a 7mm mag and it is a great gun. I'm sure you'll love yours. It's a little hard on the deer though. I made the mistake one year of using 150 gr ballistic tips and they absolutely destroyed the deer I shot. Maybe heavier bullets, round nose I don't know. Maybe somebody here could recommend a good deer load.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

Nice rifle! I've hit deer with the BT's also and it will make a mess to say the least. I tried the 150gr swift sciroccos next and they leave a hole you can stick your fist in. Then I found the 140gr nosler accubonds and theyre perfect! I load them a little light @ 3100 fps which gives me good close and long range performance. They dont tear the meat up and are very accurate.
Here's my baby,remington sendero SF in7mm saum. 26in bull barrel, fluted, free floated, glass bedded, leupold 4.4x14 40mm B & C scope w/ 30mm maintube. shoots inside 1/2 minute with the accubond 140's. Ive had the trigger set @ 2.5lbs with no creep and also had the action touched up.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats.The 7mmremmag is one of the most versatile cartridges available.

Quick Reply: Heres my baby!!! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.