Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Best new rifle for the least amount of money? You opinions welcome >

Best new rifle for the least amount of money? You opinions welcome

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best new rifle for the least amount of money? You opinions welcome

Old 07-20-2006, 06:47 AM

Default Best new rifle for the least amount of money? You opinions welcome

I just purchased a Savage Model 10 in .243 w/ accutrigger and simmons 3x9 scope, blacksyn NIB for $300. A local shop here is selling them in different calibers for $350 but I was able to get him down to $300 on this one. In my opinion for the money this is the best rifle I have ever bought. Remember I said for the money. I purchased some cheap factory Federal Power Shock ammo 80 grain soft point. Took it to the range to see how it shot. I am amazed at the accuracy.

Here is a very thorough review I found on the gun and the only one I have found.

http://www.castbullet.com/shooting/sav10.htm

Just wondering what you thinkthe Best New Rifle for the least amount of money is?
Old 07-20-2006, 07:10 AM

Default RE: Best new rifle for the least amount of money? You opinions welcome

nef or h&r handi rifle.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate this post. I'm looking for an economical .243 and this looks like a good bet.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:04 AM

Another great "bang for your buck" is the Stevens. It sells for $200 around here, and it is just a Savage without the accutrigger. And a gray stock instead of a black one.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:15 AM

You are welcome Rockytop, glad this could help.

BTW I was able to get just a littleunder halfinch groups at 100yrds with the factory ammo mentioned above. But these were only 2 shot groups. I only shot it twice and then moved sights until I was dead on at 100yrds. So I dont know really if you can call that groups. But after getting 2 shots in the red center of the target I put it in the case and went home. About 3 days later I took it to my buddies farm were I could get back to over 200yrds to try it out. I took a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood and drew a 1 inch square with a black maker. I set the plywood out at the edge of a field and ranged it. It was 226yrds from where I was standing. I held right on the center of the square and shot. I hit about 1/2 inch below the square and dead in the center. The factory ammo says a drop of 2 1/2 inches from 100 to 200yrds. Not really sure it that is true, I only shot one time. After that one shot I again put it in the case and will not get it back out except to clean until it is time to kill.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think a guy could buy a better new rifle for the money than the stevens model 200.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

I agree the Stevens model 200 might be the best rifle for the least amount of money. I bought one last year from bass pro for $199. It is a shooter.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:34 PM

i picked up a remington 710 for $399
Old 07-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Banned

The Savage is the BEST gun for the $$ IMO and for accuracy. Savage puts out the most accurate rifle for the $$ hands down. Every Savage I own will put 3 bullets under a dime at 100 yds. They are also putting out some very nice attractive rifles. Their new CEO has really turned their rifles looks around and of course who hasn't heard of the accutrigger. They have a mod 14 American Classic that is a beauty. I have several laminated stocked Savages that are sweet guns. HCH
Old 07-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

mossberg 100 atr is a good bang for your buck $244

Quick Reply: Best new rifle for the least amount of money? You opinions welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.