Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What 17 to buy? Best Man Advice.... >

What 17 to buy? Best Man Advice....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What 17 to buy? Best Man Advice....

Old 07-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What 17 to buy? Best Man Advice....

Guys, I hate to admit it, but I may take hardcores persistent advice and buy myself a bull barreled 17HMR by Savage.........

Anything else I should take a look at first? I want it to shoot great out of the box and have a good trigger.....

Now that is out of the way I have a SERIOUS ? for you guys.... My best friend is gettin married on Saturday (Yes, I have tried to talk him out of it) and I am the best man. Need some advice on a best man speech.......Any ideas, thoughts, comments.........NEED HELP ASAP.......Leaving in the AM for the wedding and won't have internet access....
Old 07-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What 17 to buy? Best Man Advice....

CZ 453 with set trigger

tell your boy that the 12 pack of condoms that he bought and used for a fun weekend will now servise him once a month for the year.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:06 PM

I have a bull barrel savage 17 that I bought before they started putting the accutrigger in them. So far it's been a great rifle. It's not very pretty, but it shoots pretty good. I have to keep an eye on my mom when I go out to visit her, she keeps trying to steal it from me!

Tell your buddy that he better get used to taking cold showers...Once he says "I do", she'll start saying "I don't".
Old 07-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Banned

Rammer LOL; save yourself grief and just get the Savage.HCH Speech; well tell him that you know he will be happy with the sex with her cause you already had her. That will win you big points with everybody, trust me.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have the bride place her hand on the table...then have him place his hand on top of hers. Then have them look deeply into each others eys as you say...."(His name here) enjoy this moment, because it will be the last time you have the upper hand."
Old 07-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

Guys, I hate to admit it, but I may take hardcores persistent advice and buy myself a bull barreled 17HMR by Savage.........

Anything else I should take a look at first? I want it to shoot great out of the box and have a good trigger.....
Sure there is.....I prefer rifles with class..."Life's to short to have an ugly gun"[8D]

Dont know your budget but I would reccomend either Cooper's or Anschutz's over Savage,Marlin Rugeretc. Theysimply are put together better, have better wood, triggers, acceptable accuarcy and hold there value. But it's your money, spend it they way you wanna

Old 07-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Banned

Nice guns doubleA. Where is ugly? We are just talking a .17hmr rifle for plinking and varmint shooting. $339 NIBfor this accutrigger, laminated thumbhole stainless free floated button rifled bbl. My pre-acutrigger .17 hmr Savage will put 3 bullets under a dime at 100 yds. I haven't put a scope on this yet, but being a Savage it is pretty well a give me for extreme accuracy.HCH

Old 07-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Banned

HCH

Old 07-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Banned

HCH

Old 07-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Banned

HCH

Quick Reply: What 17 to buy? Best Man Advice....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.