Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

H K USP 9mm

Old 06-26-2006, 12:02 PM

Default H K USP 9mm

I'm looking to add a nine to my collection. Any thoughts on the USP?
Old 06-26-2006, 01:59 PM

Default RE: H K USP 9mm

I have a USP45 and it's a sweet shooter. As an added bonus, it's built like a tank too!

I'm sure the USP 9mm is just as good.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

To me they feel good, adn shoot well, bu tI can't get used to that mag release. I have to shift my grip too much to release it since it pushes downward.

If you're looking for a carryable 9mm, there are a lot of smaller ones out there.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Spike

I've owned an H&K USP in 9mm for about 11 years. I would recommend it. It's reliable, easy to clean, handles well. It digests every brand of ammo and handloads without jams. It's not as accurate as my Springfield .45 but it's good enough.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

that's a nice gun, but don't be afraid to look at the springfield XD series. you may find (like i did) that it is just as much gun for less $$$.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:47 AM

I have the glock 23, so I was looking for full size, double action. Is the xd double action, does it have the glock-like safety on the trigger?

That is the main reason I'm looking at the usp, I've got the glock for concealed carry, but want something moreenjoyable to shoot and carry when concealment is not an issue.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

there are many arguements on if an XD is single or double. It acts like a double but the internal mech has it as a hybred from what i have heard. The XD is quite safe. It no external safety, but does have a grip safety. you have to have a firm grip on the pistol while pulling the trigger or the striker will not fire. I have not had any problems at all with using this gun. IN fact you don't even know that safety is there. www.springfieldarmory.com
Old 06-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the looks of the gun and the feel but I can't get over the mag release.

Tom
Old 07-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a USP40 since they first came out, have 1000's of rounds through it and have had NO problems with it. I've shot the 9mm model and had the same no-issue experience. Were it me looking for a 9mm, I'd also look at the HK P9s. A bit classier, more accuarte and more ergonomic. I enjoy it far more than the USP model. Now that said,I also have the USP Elite in 9mm. Still not as comfortable to hold as the P9S is but more accurate. Also a bit more costly.