Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 A question we have all been asked... >

A question we have all been asked...

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A question we have all been asked...

Old 07-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A question we have all been asked...

How many guns do you have???
More than I need.
Not as many as I want.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive never been asked infront of people i wouldnt talk about it with....my friends that hunt think im nuts because they know i have double digits to my name...and if we add in the ones dad has we got a nice collection. i did however kinddda have a customer at work ask about it. i was working at walmarts sporting goods section and our store lost its guns due to lack of sales(because they let a computer order it instead of someone that knows about guns) and a customer asked why the case was empty. then the manager and i were talking and he told me he was new cases for knives and ammo coming but he didnt know what they would do with the glass revolving cases. i told him i wanted it for my room. the manager said "must have a big room" i said ya its a basement room and its bigger then most peoples living rooms..then the customer looks at me and says "you dont REALLY have enough guns to put in there do you?" i didnt know what to say. i looked at the case and said ya i could probably fill it. it only hold 15 guns or so. im still trying to get it! lol only thing im worried about if i DID get it would be the height. but heck....locking glass revolving case...i think it lighted...BIG bottom section that locks and would hold enough ammo and handguns. i might try to get one of them for real! im sure walmart would either throw it out or give it back to the company or something. but i just might try. im going to look at it better next time im at work and see just how big it is...im sure it breaks apart and i could bring all the glass home in sheets...hmmmmm
Old 07-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

Now see my parents have made a rule that I cant have anymore guns untill I buy a new gun cabinet cause mines full.but if I cant change the conversation I usually ask them and if they reply with less than 9
"I say is that it?"but all of mine have a purpose from hunting squirrels to sasquatch.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:55 AM

Enough to get the job done.
Not as many as I would like.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

That question doesn’t come up to often and if it does I don’t really give a straight answer...
Old 07-24-2006, 06:10 PM

I could only answer that if I knew myself (me being honest and all). My other answer is a lot.

KEJ
Old 07-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get asked all the time and I tell them doesn't matter where I am. If someone doesn't like it, that is okay. I also usually make a coment when folks are talking about computers, well it has gad zooks gig, or memory, or video card, and they say it is like 5,000 dollars. I say I could buy 20 or more guns for that and they usually stop talking computers which drives me crazy. Hey, why pay 5,000 for a computer that is aged next week when new technology when I can get a gun or bow that will continue to do what it was intended to do at least till they put me in my grave. [8D]
Old 07-27-2006, 01:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just say when I get one more I'll have all I need.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

personally I dont think its anyones business to know howmany you have. if that imformation falls into the wrong ears it could wind up getting you robbed.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:28 PM

I've been asked that question before and depending on the situation will dictate my answer. I'm not ashamed of my guns but in some situations I don't like getting into it.

On a similar line I was asked once why I felt I need a gun for home protection. I answered with the old boyscott motto: "always be prepared" The follow up question was: "Have I ever needed a weapon?"
My response was: "have you ever had a house fire?" answer: "NO" I went on: "but you still have homeowners insurance that covers a house fire don't you?" That pretty much ended the Q & A.

Quick Reply: A question we have all been asked...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.