Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

UPS

Old 06-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default UPS

I sent my rifle to be rebarrled, and UPS lost it. I insured it, but money can't replace it; it was my fathers rifle. [:@][:@][:@] Man I can't beleive my luck.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: UPS

no way, man i feel for you[&o], hope it shows up, i sent 150$ worth of video's to a disabled vet that is homebound, that UPS lost, and i didn't insure it, no tracking or anything, i had not shipped anything in such a long time, i actually thought those things were included, and i was not asked, it wasduring the Christmas rush[&o].....
Old 06-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Fork Horn

UPS losing it, means an employee stole it. [:@]

I 'registered' a letter with a document and no kidding, the 'registered' letter never was delivered and lost for good!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

UPS losing it, means an employee stole it. [:@]
i really feel that is what hppened to the tapes i sent, i bought and sent some more, this was one happy soldier, but it sure makes me question what kind of scum could intercept the package i sent, read the letter that was with it and had no regret, for a service man thats life will never be what most of the rest of us take for granted
Old 06-08-2006, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am really sorry. To be honest i don't UPS much.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:10 AM

United Parcel Smashers do seem to have more than their share of "misdelivered" and "lost" firearms.

Go ask about the subject at any milsurp/C&R board, and you will hear stories that are almost unbelievable.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

If UPS lost it like someone else said it was stolen by an Employee or Contractor. I used to work for them a long time ago when attending college and it would take quite a bit of effort for someone outside the organization to steal something. I would get after a Manager there and if no results threaten reporting them to the BATF and that may just do it. Sorry for your loss and hope you recover it
Old 06-08-2006, 07:00 AM
bigcountry

There's not really to many people one can ship thru.

Lost items or items where the tag got tore off and lost usually ends up in a huge monster warehouse. At my work we lost some very serious test equipement worth over 200K about the size of a TV. There is a locating service we contracted to go thru the warehouses and sure enough they found it. Stuff not claimed within 4 months or so, get auctioned off. Then we find them on ebay, 100K fiber optic splicer, sold for 1000 dollars with our serial number.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:03 PM

I've had more stuff lost or destroyed using UPS than I care to remember. I only use FedEx now. So far, so good, I haven't had a problem with them in 2 years of using them to ship 50-60 packages per week. I hope you manage to get your rifle back.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

UPS automatically insures any package for a value of up to a $100. Any insurance you wantover that you have to pay extra. Anything shipped by UPS also receives a tracking number. That is for packages...don't know about letters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.