HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Weatherby Euro/Lazermark??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/144350-weatherby-euro-lazermark.html)

RedAllison 06-05-2006 10:25 PM

Weatherby Euro/Lazermark???

Twas messin on gunbroker today and I saw a "Euromark/Lazermark", the ad mentioned them no longer being produced but said that thisone wasbuilt in the U.S. so that tells me they are post 1997 (at least this one was). I REALLY like that gun, a "purty huntin gun" but one that doesn't shine like new money. I don't recall ever seeing one of these guns before nor remember ever hearing about them as well.

For the last couple of years I have been kicking around the idea of buying a flat/satin finish MarkV barrelled actionand then getting a MarkV Deluxe stock andsatin finishing it. But this gun is already done, plus the Lazermark REALLY gets my interest. I didn't really want to pay for a Lazermark stock only to strip it and then refinish it in satin, I would hate to risk messing up the checkering and spacers. I think I'll put a call into my Wby rep next week, but if they haven't produced them for a few years I doubt he'll be able to help much.

Anybody got any dates or other tidbits about the mfgring of these guns?
RA

RedAllison 06-05-2006 10:29 PM

RE: Weatherby Euro/Lazermark???

and

oldelkhunter 06-06-2006 06:44 AM

I believe they were last made in the early 90's and are jap made, thats what I seem to recall. I thought they were the most useful and classy of all the MK V's with wood stocks.

jcchartboy 06-06-2006 08:38 AM

I believe they are still made..they are listed in the catalogs/website...

http://www.weatherby.com/products/guns.asp?prd=Rifles&prd_sub_type=1&prod_co de=LMM257WR6O

oldelkhunter 06-06-2006 01:50 PM

RA you really are an instigator.:D I would love to have one in 257 weatherby and looking at Gunbroker got the wheels rolling.i

RedAllison 06-06-2006 02:37 PM

lol oeh, GUILTY I must confess! :DYou and I must be equally crazy, I to would like one of these rifles in .257 for poppin deer and lopes. I have a safe FULL of synthetics and flat/SS guns and though they perform well I am just SICK and tired of "tools" I now find myself looking for beauty and art as well as usefulness. I have inherited my step-fathers 300 MkV Deluxe lastyear right before he passed too cancer. It is of 1983 vintage (I did the Wby history per Dean Rumbaugh thing) and was his elk rifle so it is basically in MINT condition and has a classic "Wby wow" piece of wood on it. But being an heirloom and in such amazing shape I don't carry it out but in the most perfect of conditions and I have a Kanes gunchap for it. I simply baby it to much to really use and enjoy it all the time. I also got an A-bolt Medallion (270) from him in like condition with a spectacular piece of wood (looks more like something from Wby than Browning)so I likewise baby it as well.

But these "Euro/Lazermarks" have peaked my curiosity. The standard Euromarks never really captured my fancy as IMHO they weren't as pretty as the MkV Deluxes and Lazermarks. But if more of them look like the one in these pics then I REALLY am interested in finding a couple. Like you said, the 257 would be my first pick and I would also like a 300 or 340 for larger game. I just love hunting with beautiful guns but don't want something as BLINDINGLY bright as my Mk V Deluxe or this Medallion.

LOL, one thing about it tho. This "find" of mine sure has killed my desire for one of the new "re-released" Vanguard Deluxes of 257 and 300 calibers. As the old adage goes, "Wby mags are just SUPPOSED to be shot through Mk V guns!!!" ;)
RA

ps
If I still"piece together" any MK Vs now it probably will be a Euro/satin style stock with a SS action/barrel. I like SS guns but am just tired of plain ol black plastic stocks!

RedAllison 06-06-2006 02:43 PM

and this

oldelkhunter 06-06-2006 02:47 PM

I thought the regular euromark was pretty nice. I don't think they made or sold many of them but they would make a very nice hunting rifle. 257 WBy would be the one I would choose