HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Sportsmans Warehouse (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/143409-sportsmans-warehouse.html)

James B 05-25-2006 08:14 AM

Sportsmans Warehouse

They have a good deal going on. For everything you spend you get money on a gift card. I bought a New Ruger Bisley Hunter yesterday and got a 150 dollar gift card for store credit. You might want to check your local stores, I think its going on at all their stores. Plus that, in this area, they have the best prices on new guns. It gores for anything they sell, not just guns.

;)With a deal like that, You have to buy a gun.

oldelkhunter 05-25-2006 09:03 AM

RE: Sportsmans Warehouse

Sounds like a decent store although we have none in our area. We are left with Gander Mountain and Bass Pro shop with a sprinkiling of pretty darn good gunshops within an hour drive of the house.

James B 05-25-2006 09:26 AM

They have been up here in the Dakotas for a couple years now. They have everything the sportsman could ever need. I good supply of guns, Knives, camping, fishing and clothing.

Charley 05-25-2006 12:24 PM

For everything you spend you get money on a gift card.
Haven't seen that program here. Sportsman's Warehouse has a great inventory and great prices. Many of the retails on guns are below many distributer prices. The local one had Dillon 550Bs for $309. I'd rather shop at SW anyday than make the trip to Cabelas. There is NO contest between them, SW wins hands down!

Knightia 05-25-2006 01:30 PM

They just built a sportmans warehouse here not to long ago in town- nice store i like im. Cabelas is a long drive from here& i dont like them nearly as much as SW either including there prices.

But[&o]i called them (SW)up & asked if they had any such deals going on& they said no.Thanks for the tip tho- it would have been a exellent reason& excuse to pick up another gun there:D.
But my b days comming& i got a coupon for 1 rifle owed still from my mate i still have to cash in so not all is bleak.

Solitary Man 05-25-2006 02:04 PM

Might just have to check into that. We have two stores in my area, both within 15 minutes of my house. I buy all my gunpowder there as well as some other things. The guys that work there seem to be a lot more knowledgable than the ones that work at the Bass Pro, though not as knowledgable as myself, of course.;)

hardcorehunter 05-25-2006 03:13 PM

James, I just got off the phone with my SW and they just had that awhile back but said that it is a discontinued offer in the future; said that they had people buy $1000 gun safes,get $300 and than return the safe and the stores lost money...always somebody playing the game and ruining it for others. They are a great store and their gun prices are very competitive. I spend a lot of money with them. I bought a Ruger #1 one night as they offered sales tax free shopping for 3 days. Pretty good deal when sales tax is 7%.

haugenna 05-25-2006 05:18 PM

James B.

Tell me more...I am buying a pair of Leica Geovids and need some info on that deal.

Briman 05-25-2006 06:01 PM

There is a Gander Mountain 8 miles from my house, a Cabela's is slated to go up about 4 miles from my house this fall. A Sportsman's Warehouse just sprung up out of nowhere about 5 miles in another direction from my house and it prety much killed my enthusiasm for the Cabela's. SW has an outstanding selection and hard to beat prices. I spent well over $1000 at the SW the first week it opened.:D

hardcorehunter 05-25-2006 06:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Briman

There is a Gander Mountain 8 miles from my house, a Cabela's is slated to go up about 4 miles from my house this fall. A Sportsman's Warehouse just sprung up out of nowhere about 5 miles in another direction from my house and it prety much killed my enthusiasm for the Cabela's. SW has an outstanding selection and hard to beat prices. I spent well over $1000 at the SW the first week it opened.:D
Cabelas's sucks IMO..way overpriced SW or GM are the way to go