Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sportsmans Warehouse >

Sportsmans Warehouse

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sportsmans Warehouse

Old 05-25-2006, 06:17 PM

Default RE: Sportsmans Warehouse

Sportsman's Warehouse is always my first choice, good stuff, good prices.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Banned

My only problem is that all the guys behind the gun counter all call me by name... and they have 90 day layaway...good deal they are a 50 minute drive for me..they are already hard on my wallet.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

The deal goes here until the end of June. For every so much you spend you get credit for your gift card. My new SS Ruger Bisley Hunter was 500.00 and I got 150.00 store credit. There are a few things excluded for its use but not much. Makes for a heck of a good discount.

HCH Your right. Some buthead will always find a way to cheat on a good will offering.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great place.......I'm unaware of any in my area..( Southwest PA. ). Gander Mtn. in Greensburg, a Cabela's in WVA, and one in Eastern PA. Sure wish a SW would pop up around here somewhere in the near future......................
Old 05-26-2006, 06:16 AM

When a Cabelas opened 50 miles from me last year, I was hot to go check them out. Heard so may good things about the retail stores I was really curious. I found:

Candy in bags marked "Cabelas". (Well worth driving 50 miles for!)
Cheap Chinese crap in their camping section (looked like WalMart)
Milsurp rifles marked up 300 to 400% over curent wholesale prices.
Reloading equipment and supplies at higher prices than I can get from Graf & Sons, Midway, or anybody else on the net, even when shipping is figured in.
The killer item i saw was a lamp made from cedar...$550! According to that price, I am a multi-millionare when I figure the amount of cedar I have on my property.
I flat cannot see what the attraction is for Cabelas. I won't drive 50 miles for them...not sure I'd drive one mile.

I was pleasantly surprised about Sportsmans Warehouse. they had a soft opening here, and did very little advertising. Most folks I know who go there did so on word of mouth.

I'm looking forward to the opening of a Bass Pro Shop here this fall. I was impressed with the one in Katy, Texas.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cabelas has their place as well IMO. We have several that we stop at from time to time. They have cheap stuff and spendy stuff. If you keep track of prices, some of their stuff is cheaper than at other places. The best thing about Cabelas is that if I really need an item, they are the most apt to have it IN STOCK. Its both good and bad, but we have SW, Gander Mountain, Scheels All Sports and Cabelas all in our shopping area. We don't have Bass Pro however.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

We don't have Bass Pro however.
No big loss James
Old 05-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: James B

Cabelas has their place as well IMO. We have several that we stop at from time to time. They have cheap stuff and spendy stuff. If you keep track of prices, some of their stuff is cheaper than at other places. The best thing about Cabelas is that if I really need an item, they are the most apt to have it IN STOCK. Its both good and bad, but we have SW, Gander Mountain, Scheels All Sports and Cabelas all in our shopping area. We don't have Bass Pro however.
I agree with James. I have a Wal-Mart, Sportsman's Warehouse, Gander Mtn and Bass Pro, with in 15 min of my house. Their building a Cabela's about 30 min away and I've been to the HQ in NE.

All in all I love Cabela's because they send me catalogs for bathroom literature. Honestly I've found that SW and Cabela's have almost identical products. I have some Cabel's name brand stuff (boots, camping gear, etc) and I find them to have very good quality. Most stuff I need I find and Wally World and the rest I find at SW. I go to Cabela's when there is something specific that they have. I agree with James about the pricing. I found some tanning chemicals at Cabela's for $15 and SW wanted 21. Needless to say I ordered it from Cabelas.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

JamesB

Check again on that. You could be right but just make sure. Here is the deal I was told by SW. You get three points for every dollar you spend at that SW and 1 point for every dollar you spend at a different SW. According to your purchase price you have 1500 points. Every 2500 points gets you a $25 gift card. Here is their deal on line.
https://appcenter.usbank.com/customizedPricing/home.do?locationId=9699&redirect=sw58000

HOWEVER, I did take advantage of a deal like that at Cabelas.Spend500 and get 150 on a giftcard.THREE FREAKING TIMES. I bought RCBS Master reloading kit, 499.99 and a pack of gum $.25, and got a 150 gift card. Next purchase was a lot of clothing. Then Win Mod 70 270 WSM for 499.99 and another pack of gum. Perhaps since we do not have any cabelas here, SW is not running that deal in the PNW.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

It might be a different deal here. We took the card up to customer service to get the detail. I quess it does not matter to much as they had the best price on the Bisley Hunter anyway. Thanks though, I will make sure next time I go over.

Quick Reply: Sportsmans Warehouse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.