HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Finally got her in! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/142856-finally-got-her.html)

#40Fan 05-18-2006 07:01 PM

Finally got her in!

Here she is. AR-50 with an ATN 12-36X80 scope with a 50 BMG BDC.

RustyOlRanger4x4 05-18-2006 07:27 PM

RE: Finally got her in!

Will you adopt me!:D

#40Fan 05-18-2006 08:30 PM

I have to thank my old lady more than anything. I had $4000 that I gave her to buy her a new car. Used, but new to her. I figured the $4000 would be a great down payment on one, but she decided to get a loan for the whole amount and pay for it for a year or two then pay it off completely so that it helps her credit out. So, in the meantime, she let me have $2500 of it back so that I could buy this gun and I'll just pay her back over the next few months.

I have yet to fire a round through it. I have already adjusted the trigger, just like a Rem 700, and have bore sighted it. Damn thing weighs 38 pounds with the scope. I am a big guy, 6'5" 230 lbs., but to shoulder it is hard as hell. My old lady is 5'5" and 105 lbs., so it will be interesting to see her shoot it.

I'll let you know how it is to shoot on Sunday. Going out Saturday to sight in and hopefully Sunday to shoot some prairie dogs.....that is if there is anything left of the pdog to prove that I shot it.:)

petrey10 05-18-2006 09:33 PM

now that is a freaking gun....what kind of range do you think it will have??

Rammer 05-18-2006 10:19 PM

Sweet gun! Can't wait to see how it performs!

#40Fan 05-18-2006 11:03 PM

The scope has a 3000 yard built in range finder based on a 6' tall object. But realistically to shoot a 50 cal 1000 yards with any accuracy is not easy.

Prarie_Boy1 05-19-2006 07:55 PM

Feel sorry for your shoulder

hardcorehunter 05-19-2006 08:07 PM

Oh Yea , An AR, Sweet one buddy. We will expect a range report!

#40Fan 05-20-2006 02:58 PM

Got some shots in today. Only took 5 to get it zeroed in. I then let my old lady and her dad shoot it so I didn't really get any good grouping shots in.

As for my shoulder, there is no kick whatsoever...seriously. You don't feel a thing other than a big gust of wind come back at you and straight up your nose. Felt like, to me anyway, as if I was smacked in the nose with something. Other than that you wouldn't even know you were shooting a .50 Cal.

I shot at a 3/4" plate that was 300 yards away and went 1/2" into it leaving a quarter size divit.

Now it is time to find some pdogs.

AmericanPioneer 05-20-2006 05:43 PM

I shot a Mcmillian .50 bolt rifle when I worked for a certain company. The feeling of that air you talk about that comes back gets your adrenaline rushing. Well at least it did for me every time I pulled the trigger. I had longer hair in the front at the time and it would actually lift it up at lay it back down against my forehead. Something funny happened one time. I had a printer connected to a chronograph sitting to the left of me on the bench. I guess i had it too close because when I let the first round fly the entire spool of paper came out of the back of the printer and proceeded to spiral up in the air about 3 to 4 foot, unrolling a large portion of the paper roll. Needless to say i never sat it that close to the rifle again. Yeah its a rush. This one didnt kick that hard either. Of course it was so heavy you couldnt even hold it up to your shoulder and it had an excellent muzzlebreak on it. Boy, if I just had the money!!!!