Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.25 wssm

Old 10-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Banned

Nice.... Deer hunting with assault rifles. That's about as ridiculous as it gets.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-20-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
Nice.... Deer hunting with assault rifles. That's about as ridiculous as it gets.

yep,I assault the devil out of groundhogs with my AR based sporter.....
Old 10-31-2009, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
evidently vabyrd doesn't remember Jim Zumbo.
RR

............Guess not. He evidently doesn't own one either........
Old 10-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Banned

"well todays hunting AR's are far from "assault rifles", but that is a typical uneducated response from someone who knows nothing about them or they're capabilities. The only way AR's differ from the remington semi-auto centerfire rifles are they're appearance and they shoot better than most bolt guns."

Really? I guess 3-gun matches don't count? The AK-47 and the AR-15 WERE NOT designed as hunting rifles.

"The rifles being discussed are not capable of firing full automatic. These are semi-automatic sporters. As a group, we need to learn not to use inappropriate labels.
I have no use for these rifles, but people have the right to use them and that right should be defended by all"

Because two people own weapons does not necessitate a group or "we".

Zumbo was probably right.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

This is a quote from the NRA site:
ASSAULT RIFLE
By U.S. Army definition, a selective-fire rifle chambered for a cartridge of intermediate power. If applied to any semi-automatic firearm regardless of its cosmetic similarity to a true assault rifle, the term is incorrect.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Banned

Too bad is doesn't pass the smell test, and you know it. Problem is it looks like one and the jacka$$es hunting with them treat it like one. And to hell with the NRA.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
thats not rons post va, ya need to look closer home. You know nothing about AR's and you think its someone elses fault. Zumbo lost all he had when he called out the AR shooters of the country, all 6 million of them, guess you have nothing to lose and nothing to gain by your statements, and they mean exactly that......nothing, get a life!
RR
6 million of them? Know nothing about AR's?? Did I miss the secret handshake club? I didn't realize that the it's no longer the NRA but the NARA.

The fact is the nuts get in their little sewing circles and send $$$ to those knuckleheads at the NRA because they're scared to death that Uncle Sam is coming to knock down the door. Ever been to the NRA building? You should see the crap they spend your money on, and it ain't the second amendment.

Last edited by vabyrd; 10-31-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

VA, please explain to all of us why a semi auto rifle that fires a .243, 7mm-08, or .308 and looks like....

Is any different that a semi auto rifle that fires the same .243, 7mm-08, or .308 cartridge and looks like...

Because they both do exactly the same thing and function in nearly the exact same way. Both are semi automatic and incapable of firing fully automatic. Both fire the same cartridges. both are Mossy Oak brand camo. They differ only in appearance.

And then you can explain to us what exactly the NRA has to do with this discussion other than them posting the US Armies definition of an assault rifle. I think you have been drinking far too much of the liberals anti gun kool aid.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned

Intent. One was designed for the military, the other for hunting. Remington ran out of crap to sell, so they decided to go after the AR platform in order to get guys to spend money. You must have fallen for it too. Funny, the AR goes all the way back to the early 60's and yet only today is it the be all end all of deer hunting rifles. There is no functional obsolescence (sorry for the big words) in firearms, so somebody had to create a new buzz. It started with the WSSM garbage, and now it's the AR world. Pick up a book or two and learn a little market analysis, sales analysis, and cost accounting and you'll see the picture. The demand is not from a need for a better way to shoot deer, it's from an obsolete industry. The problem is most Americans cant stand the fact that most of it is being shipped overseas. Hence the Miroku at the bottom.
Last time I checked, Remington had a semi automatic rifle. Damn, I thought I actually had one at one time. Must have been mistaken. I wonder why the long wait?

Guess I'll just head back to Idaho for some Elk hunting with a 50 BMG. Maybe I'll swing by Arizona on the way and have Mike Dillon fuel up the heli so we don't have to walk as much, I hear he's pretty accurate with the mini gun.

Quick Reply: .25 wssm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.