Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 NRA Mailed me this today >

NRA Mailed me this today

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

NRA Mailed me this today

Old 06-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NRA Mailed me this today

I've actually had people tell me that UN troops will come to my door and confiscate my guns.

Does anyone actually think this is going to happen?
No, no need. People are more than willing to turn their guns when they are told to. Look at California where 'assault rifles' were banned a few years ago, people complied and registered them. At least a large number of Canadians had balls enough to not register their guns when called upon by their government.

The flyer mailed out by the NRA looks suspiciously like the one the did 2 or 3 years ago about a UN gun control summit during the 4th of July. If they need more money, ask me honestly, don't make up some fairy tale and insult my intelligence.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

I don't see what is wrong with the email, our nations only enemy isn'tjust the libbies/Damocraps but an ever growing threat IS the UN and their one world eliteists!!! If all this "anti Bush" rhetoric is true and we are in for a overhaul in D.C. this November then each and EVERY member on this board needs to start giving till it hurts too the NRA and begin NOW!!!
RA
BRAVO!
[/align]

Old 06-10-2006, 07:14 PM

great post vapodog.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:16 PM

ipscshooter:
"Part of the problem is that a TREATY banning guns is NOT unconstitutional. International treaties take precedence over our constitution."

ipscshooter, you have NO idea what you are talking about. go take a class on basic constitutional law or government before you make declarations that are completely false. both of those statements are absolutely false.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Over our July 4th holiday, on American soil, they are preparing to enact a legally-binding treaty that would give the U.N. unchallengeable power to ban civilian ownership of ALL firearms. "

IF the UN wants to see The American Revolution, Part II, all they have to do would beto try to enforce such a treaty! Where do you think they'd find a militrary organization that could do this? The UN can't even disarm a raggedy-ass militia in Africa, for crap sake!

OTOH, the NRA will tell you practically anything to get money! But, the NRA is also the most effective organization we have for protecting our rights. If not for the NRA, we would have lost the right to own firearms ages ago.

"Just being paranoid does NOT MEAN that THEY ARE NOT OUT TO GET YOU!!"
Old 06-11-2006, 02:37 PM

i sent out my letters weeks ago.
I THANK GOD FOR THE NRA AND WAYNE LaPIERRE IS A HERO AND A TRUE CHAMPION OF JUSTICE AND AMERICAN IDEALS IN MY OPINION.

early
Old 06-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

And just how many of you sent your letters to Koffi Annan or whatever his name is as the NRA requested? I don't know if it will do any good, but it sure won't hurt.
At least they will know we are watching them closely. I personally think we should pull out of the UN anyhow. The direction has taken a turn to the left, so to speak
We gotta let our elected legislators know where we stand. Here in Pennsylvania, a bunch of legislators found out how their constituents felt about a payraise they voted themselves in the wee hours of the morning, when they thought nobody could stop them. We put them out of office at election time, and had the payraise repealed. IT CAN BE DONE!!! Continue to keep a close watch.........
Old 06-12-2006, 10:48 AM

Everyone should support business's that suppor the NRA. I like to purchase hunting/shooting supplies from Midwayusa. I always opt for theire "NRA Roundup". For those who don't know Midways will round up your charge to the next dollar, or more if you wish, and donate that to the NRA. Midway also matches a certain percentage I believe. They are a terrific supporter of the NRA. I wish more catalog retailers would follow suit, like say cabela's, bass pro, Gander mountain, Brownell's....

I recently Joined the NRA for the second time. For a few years I cancelled my membership. It was back in the 90's and "cop Killer" bullets came out. Some folks wanted to ban these teflon coated bullets and the NRA came out against it. I wrote them and said that I couldn't believe that the NRA whom I had gladly supported for many years would come out in favor of a bullet that had no purpose other than to shoot through a bullet proof vest. I got a letter back that said that they where very sorry that I was cancelling my membership but they had to make a stand. They said that if they gave on this issue it would be a stepping stone that the anti's would use to go after other stuff. I thought it was BS and cancelled my membership.

So after seeing the Clinton "assault weapon ban" and how I couldn't buy High capacity clips for my target pistols I decided that the NRA was right. The Anti's use clever sayings like "Assault weapons" and "cop Killers" to attack us. I mean how could anyone support a baby killer gun, Problem comes in defining the "assault weapon", cop killer etc. I mean who in there right mind would call a pistol that holds more than 7 rounds an assualt weapon. I've got a double stack 40 s&w that holds 24 rounds. I've shot thousands of rounds through it and not one of those was in anger. Its never assaulted anything except an ipsa range.

So Now I'm a member again and always will be. I donate a little when I can. But mostly I throw the Monthly NRA bulletins in the trash with the rest of the junk mail.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:28 PM

This is what is great about living in an area with large numbers of believers of the constitution....They will not surrender to a law like this...They would kill to protect their rights if it came down to giving up their guns....You have to think about the men and womenwho actually died for you to be here...If they knew america would give up the constitution do you think they would of died for this country??? I am sure if this would come down to surrender our guns there would be people on this forum helping out others on here...The UN against american people disarming them....They wouldn't have a chance in hell..The only people gun owners would be fighting is military personal of a foreighn country....The american blood still runs strong in the east....But if it came down to it...I would suggest everyone to take off or quit work...That alone will bring america to a stand still and get our point across.....The question to ask yourself,Whats more important?? Yours and your family freedom or your job????
But I am not convinced it will come to this though.....

Will this hit the mainstream???

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060607/MTCN0205/306070056/1302/MTCN02

http://www.itsyourtimes.com/?q=node/1236