Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Anyone with a FFL?? >

Anyone with a FFL??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anyone with a FFL??

Old 05-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone with a FFL??

I just sent off for the paper work to get my Federal Firearms License, and was just wondering if anyone else on the board has one? If so, was it a pain to get or fairly easy?

If you do have an FFL could you call Armalite and see what the dealer price for thier AR50 is? That is going to be my next gun and I figure that getting a FFL will help save a few bucks on it as well as the rest of my purchases.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone with a FFL??

You need to run a business ,new license holders can't be a basement/kitchen operation anymore. You'd better get a web page up and sell thru the net at the bare minimum.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last I knew, they were pretty much requiring a physical location of a storefront for any new applications to be accepted. Too many kitchen table dealers I guess. There's more to having it than just using it for one's own benefit for buying at cost. There's the business side of it that needs to be taken care of. the state resale and tax stuff, and in some cases maybe even zoning ordinacnes to be aware of.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the replys. When I get the paper work in I'll do some more research on the subject. In the meantime, I do have someone else with a FFL that is willing to order the AR50 for me and sell it to me at cost. I just got ahold of him today, so I will have him call tomorrow and get the price.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:30 PM

Had mine awhile back then the new rules and regulations made it a pain. I gave mine up. There are alot of dealers out there who will order for reasonable fees. I let them deal with the hassles of the ffl. They can be ready for the inspections by the government and all the red tape associated with having an ffl now.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

The FFL dealer that was recommended to me bya friend didn't come through. He wanted $300 more than what I could get it off of the internet for. Then I thought I would be nice and buy if off the net and have it sent through him and let him make a few bucks, untill he told me that there was a 10% transfer fee. [:@] Not going to fork out another $254 bucks. Found a dealer that is going to transfer it to me for $25.

As for getting my own FFL, the more people that I have talked to, the more and more a pain in the ass it does seem to be to have one. At least it was free to get the paper work.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most FFL's in my neck of the woods charge $20 to $25 for a transfer. Buy the gun and pay someone $20 to receive it for you