Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How many guns can you sell before . . . >

How many guns can you sell before . . .

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How many guns can you sell before . . .

Old 05-04-2006, 10:08 AM

Default How many guns can you sell before . . .

The feds get on your case for not having an FFL? I've sold two so far this year and I'm considering selling a third. Is there some kind of a limit before you're red flagged?
Old 05-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many guns can you sell before . . .

Who are you worried about "red flagging" you. I don't believe you are required to report private firearms sales.

I've sold a few guns. All I ever did was write a bill of sale with the serial # of the gun and the buyer's name, for my own use. Never involved any govt. agency.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think there is a limit either. I spoke to a friend of mine who lives near the capitol; he is retired Secret Service. He did not know of such a law/regulation.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:40 PM
bigcountry

Well, I sell/buy at least 5-10 a year or at least in the past several years. Ain't no red flag. If you ship them to people, it has to go thru a FFL. They call the NIC system and make a check. It is supposed to be destroied after so long.

If its a private long gun sale, its just that. Pistols little different. But as long as its legal.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned

What they all said.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:25 PM

theres a difference in gun trader and dealer. the only way you have to have a ffl is if you have a gun shop. you can make as many private sales as you want and no one can do a thing to you for it unless its stolen merchandise of course.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:21 PM

ok...i have been dealing with this situation for a while....so much that i actually got tired of fighting it and stopped pursuing it. I am only 19 and live in Baltimore Md. I want to buy a handgun (for hunting and possibly carrying on some land i might lease). But when i was going to gun store, i called to get directions and they claimed that, no matter what, i couldnt buy a gun. My dad was going to buy it and give it to me as a gift. Someone on this forum said that i could if he bought it for me as a gift and gave it to me, but i had called several police agencies and they all claimed that, NO MATTER WHAT, i cannot buy, receive, or use a handgun unless he is with me at all times (which isnt practical b/c he doesnt hunt). what are your thoughts on this? do you think one way or the other? does it matter if i bought it from a dealer or a pre-ownerr? {I will probably have to wait til im 21 because this will never get resolved, i just thought i would see yall opinions. thanks alot
Old 05-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

No there is no limit that you can sell What you are thinking about is the law about buying 3 guns a month. I don't think that ever passed. But if Hillery or Kerry gets electedthey have already saidthey wants to adopt the UN's0 gun policies and allow the UN forces in tocollect all firearms in this country and comply with UN Art.on firearms. I would never belive that we would have foreign forces enforceing laws on our soil.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: VT_Hunter1980

The feds get on your case for not having an FFL? I've sold two so far this year and I'm considering selling a third. Is there some kind of a limit before you're red flagged?
As Uncle Norby says, who is going to know you've sold three guns? Are you sending a report to the BATFE every timeyou sell one?

As long as you are not BUYING AND SELLING guns on a regular basis, I don't see a problem. If you owned a large collection that you built up over the years and sold a number of them to resudents of your own state, that should be OK.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: geterdun

ok...i have been dealing with this situation for a while....so much that i actually got tired of fighting it and stopped pursuing it. I am only 19 and live in Baltimore Md. I want to buy a handgun (for hunting and possibly carrying on some land i might lease). But when i was going to gun store, i called to get directions and they claimed that, no matter what, i couldnt buy a gun. My dad was going to buy it and give it to me as a gift. Someone on this forum said that i could if he bought it for me as a gift and gave it to me, but i had called several police agencies and they all claimed that, NO MATTER WHAT, i cannot buy, receive, or use a handgun unless he is with me at all times (which isnt practical b/c he doesnt hunt). what are your thoughts on this? do you think one way or the other? does it matter if i bought it from a dealer or a pre-ownerr? {I will probably have to wait til im 21 because this will never get resolved, i just thought i would see yall opinions. thanks alot
Under current Federal law, you must be 21 in order to own a handgun 18 for long guns. I suspoect that MD state laws are at least as stringent as this. So I'm afraid you will have to wait, or have one of your parents be the registered owner who will permit you to learn to shoot it while in their presence. Pain in the toosh, ain't it?

I recall a case where a young fellow just out of high school became a local police officer. That agency required its members to purchase their own pistols. He couldn't! His mother bought one for him, but I don't know how they resolved the issue of his carrying it on duty without his mother going with him on his beat!! Pretty stupid law, IMO!

Quick Reply: How many guns can you sell before . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.