Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington Combination guns >

Remington Combination guns

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Combination guns

Old 04-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington Combination guns

does anyone have any experience with the remington rifle shotgun combinations??? i thought it might be a good idea to use in turkey season so i could shoot turkeys and hogs. the one i would want would be the 12 and 30-06 what do ya'll think??? any suggestions otherwise???

Old 04-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington Combination guns

I held one yesterday...family cookout...my younger brother had just brought one...12ga and .308...He hasn't shot it yet, and to be honest, I didn't like it at all...It was heavy for its size, didn't balance well and I don't know how they expect you to hit anything with the crud sights in it, there was no "daylight" between the front and rear sight, the rear sight was tilted to the front, it should either be tilted back to the shooter or perpendicular to the barrel, I didn't see any easy way to change either sight....I'm amazed they would put a gun on the American market like that, guess nobody at Remington looked at them before shipping in.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Banned

I would check with the laws and see if you can bring a rifle turkey hunting. You can't up here whether you have bullets or not you are carrying a rifle last I knew. Don't quote me on that but I would check it out. Savage has put that same design out for years;maybe check theirs out too.

Old 04-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

hch here in florida(where i would be using the rifle) you can use a rifle for turkeys so i don't see why it would be a problem.

i'm suprised that remington would sell a product that has that many problems if they do truly have those problems. maybe i should try and find one and see what i think.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one in the gun rack a couple days ago....picked it up and fondled it a bit. It was nothing I want in my gun case. I considered that particular gun to be of very poor quality in fit and function. It opened and closed very poorly.....I was not at all impressed.....I might have had worse words for it.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

These are Russian guns-"Baikal"s or something like that. I assume they are heavy and serviceable, but far from "nice".
Old 05-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pure Junk not worth the steel? they are made out of. If you really want a combination gun Savage and Tikka made them in the past . You can also look for a german drilling but that is going to be a lot more bucks
Old 05-01-2006, 07:30 AM
DM

I'm wondering if those of you that are calling them "pure junk" have even fired one????

I know a few guys that own them as "Baikals", and they do seem to shoot pretty good. Yes, they are crude, but they also don't cost like the "high priced spread". Those that have them like the way they shoot, and they have features that the Savage doesn't.

"If" you want a "work" gun and don't care so much about fit and finish, they will serve your purpose, if you want something nicer than that, then move past the Savage and look for a good used Valmet 412.

Drilling Man
Old 05-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nope Haven't fired one ..handling one is all I need to know ..it is Junk
Old 05-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

They also make some resonably priced double rifles as well. A side by side 45/70 is one I'd like to get my hands on and shoot.
(they may not be the nicest toolsin the shed but I doubt they are "junk")

I can picture myself in a misty muskeg, at dawn,calling moose and packing a side by side 45/70.

Robin

Quick Reply: Remington Combination guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.