Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Spartan Double rifle, 45/70?? >

New Spartan Double rifle, 45/70??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Spartan Double rifle, 45/70??

Old 04-29-2006, 11:55 PM

Default New Spartan Double rifle, 45/70??

Anybody have any information on how this gun shoots and the quality of it? I'm extremely interested in one of these rifles, so I'm looking for some input. I got the new copy of Sports Afield and on p. 28 they talk about this rifle. But I went to the Remington website and the rifle they list is $150 more then the quote in SA and the gun on the website is different looking then the one in the picture on page 28. Anybody know whats up with that? Also, what do you think are the chances that in the future Spartan will make this gun with Stainless Steel instead of being blued? Thanks for the help and any advice you might have............
Old 04-30-2006, 06:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-30-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Spartan Double rifle, 45/70??

ORIGINAL: cma3366a

Its one of those items that is perpetually "going to come out in 6 months". Alot of guys were interested when they anounced them three years ago, but they have never materialized.
Absolutely good observation.....and if I may add my guess the reason that this product is being delayed is safety reasons and serious quality issues.

I don't know this.....it is just my guess.....

BTW there has also been a $200 change on the M-7 CDL on the website as well.....it's not just the imported stuff changing......but Remington's website is full of errors of accurate information.....these price changes might just have been posted incorrectly in the first place.

The price increase?...it's also happened to the Zastava guns Remington is offering and those too are not available.....and we know those were already being sold under the Charles Daly banner.....

When they get here they will get here....in the mean time don't hold your breath.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:40 AM
DM

Default RE: New Spartan Double rifle, 45/70??

I looked at a couple of them a month of so ago under the Baikal brand in 30-06. They looked better than i thought they would, and i "also" wouldn't mind haveing one in 47-70.

I don't see how there could be "safety issues" when they have been makeing this double quite a while now. I haven't heard of anyone complaining of failures or anything else along those lines.

Drilling Man