Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Boy I have seen everything now >

Boy I have seen everything now

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Boy I have seen everything now

Old 10-29-2002, 06:27 PM

Default RE: Boy I have seen everything now

Briman, that is one of the best stories I've ever heard, and your point was made very well. I have become pretty judgemental lately on the subject of guns and hunting, and in reality, while I consider myself pretty knowledgeable, I have a truckload to learn. Thanks for giving me a fresh point of view.

Workhorse- Hunt hard.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-30-2002, 04:06 AM

i have had used tasco's in the past when i just started hunting. one worked alright on my 35rem but then i have had problems with scopes like tasco's staying on the zero for me. also they always fogged up for me.
i have broken 3 golden antler ones 3-9X32mm. i just don't want to miss the big one so i have been with luepold's now. very crisp and no fogg. i will never turn around again to anything cheaper unless i throw a cheap scope ( under $200.00 ) on my muzzleloader.

Old 10-30-2002, 04:09 AM

ohh i forgot to add this..

several buddies of mine that i hunt with in maine. one uses a tasco golden antler 3-9X32mm on his 35rem gets groups about 2.5" at 75yds. he has tried every bullet out there. also it takes him about 2 boxes to get it finally sighted in. he has this same problem every year.
it just looks to me the more you pay the tighter the groups are and if you drop it in the woods 95% of the time it is still dead on. i have had this several times happen to me.

Old 10-30-2002, 05:52 AM

The Tasco Titan is their top of the line scope and it does have a titanium tube. Up here its around $550 CDN ($360 US).

Oldelhunter, I might have misunderstood but you didn't indicate the type of scope on the Browning, just the make. My point was that he might have had a better Tasco scope then a bottom of the line model.

I know some guys who's rigs are really basic and cheap and work well. I also know a guy with a top of the line Redfield that couldn't hit the side of a barn because the scope is shot, I'm sure there's some Leupold owners out there that have had problems also. Some guys just have luck that way, the buy what they can afford and it happens to work without problems.

Good story Briman, you've hit the nail on the head. The Bonus: Another good use for duct tape.

Old 10-30-2002, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

All I am saying and again I will repeat myself is that I am amazed that in a caliber like that a Tasco scope could survive the recoil. I f you bothered to read my posts you would have seen that I had a burris fullfield II that maybe went 150 rounds and gave up the ghost on a 300 win mag. I have not heard much good/bad about Burris lately. No this guy did not have a titan scope on it because I researched Tascos yesterday and it definitely did not have a 30 mm tube on it. Anyone here can buy whatever they want good or bad and put it on their gun(s) that is none of my business and if it makes them happy I am happy for them. I tend not to listen to gun writers and hearsay but I have to admit that Tascos for whatever reason have had a bad rap and that is why I am amazed that this scope can take this much punishment.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tasco didn't get the nickname Trashco for nothing!!!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 01:30 PM

Looks like we are arguing to prove the same point. With my luck if I ever bought a Tasco, it would turn out to be a dud too.

Enough said.

Old 10-30-2002, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you 340 enough has been said about this
Old 10-30-2002, 04:19 PM

I have a non adjustable Tasco I bought at K Mart maybe 15 years ago.. has been on my 10/22 for about 10 years now. I sight it in every year or so and it does fine.. has always been a good scope.

I am going ot buy a Swift for my new 700 .270. I don't want to spend 200 plus bux on optics

-----------------------------
webmaster - www.kraw.us
moderator - www.discussanything.com